1. Insure compliance with all company ES&H policies and procedures including OSHA PSM compliance, MOC documentation, etc. Lead, develop and implement process improvements and cost reductions for plant related activities through elevation of process engineering functionality.
2. Establish management systems to gather data, monitor results, develop root causes of problems and ensure a process modification will yield the desired results.
3. Manage in a production management role, including establishment, upgrade, and management of typical production activities such as delivering planned volumes, cost control, annual budgeting, daily production and yield reporting, analysis of accounting variances, development of standard operating procedures, training programs, disciplinary processes, etc.
4. Insure chemical operators are provided both formal and informal training enabling them to understand the process and safety related procedures.
5. Apply engineering leadership expertise to technical operational problems, identify opportunities and implement solutions to optimize operating efficiencies and establish technical structure and order.
6. Apply sound root cause analysis techniques and creative alternatives to technical related problems.
7. Work with the Technical, R & D, and Pilot Plant groups to support introduction of new products.
8. Lead project definition and provide input on the design & installation for projects ranging from $25k to $1 Million. Organize and lead startup of new installations and new products.
9. Maintain effective communications and working relationships with operators, maintenance, area process engineers, contractors, administrative support, R&D personnel and other management personnel.
10. Stay current with industry developments and standards.
1. Engineering Degree required. Chemical Engineering preferred.
2. Specialty or fine chemical manufacturing experience, with operations management experience.
3. Working knowledge of EHS practices for a chemical manufacturing environment including PSM and MOC processes.
4. Experience in establishing good manufacturing processes that support good and efficient operations.
5. Experience in process design and improvement including batch and continuous operations, reactors, distillation and heat exchange systems and solids handling.
6. Process troubleshooting and debottlenecking skills related to improving efficiency, capability, and safety.
7. A proven track record of working with operations personnel in a union environment.
8. Must be comfortable dealing with chemistry sufficiently in a manufacturing environment.
9. Experience in designing and installing small and medium sized capital projects.
10. Experience in writing technical reports including developing and updating standard operating procedures (SOP).
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)