A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Establish and optimize all global processes, systems and disciplines for the enterprise accounting and controls functions of the company. Lead all aspects of global accounting compliance with SEC and statutory regulations, external and internal financial reporting, and accounting transactions. Provide leadership for the worldwide accounting and control environment. Assure compliance with Government contracting and other regulatory agencies reporting requirements. Create vision and provide leadership for planning and execution of financial systems.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Direct, coordinate and administer the development and evaluation of financial and accounting control policies, procedures and programs.
- Direct the reporting of consolidated financial and accounting data.
- Define financial reporting packages for all operating units included in the corporate consolidated financial statements.
- Proactively assess and change controls and policies as needed. Act as the functional compliance leader (FCL) for the finance organization.
2. Direct and participate in reporting information to Government and outside regulatory agencies and institutions.
- Assure compliance with SEC and FASB financial reporting regulations.
- Advise CFO on the impact of new SEC and FASB pronouncements and proposed regulations.
- Assure compliance with Government procurement regulations and reporting requirements.
- Support Investor Relations program with analytical financial explanation of results of operations and changes in financial position which is communicated to external parties.
3. Analyze the financial performance of the company and sectors including trends, year-over-year comparisons, competitor benchmarks, risk/opportunity assessments and makes recommendations regarding required actions.
4. Create vision for and prioritize financial systems implementations. Work with IT to ensure financial systems are performing per specification. Lead the activity within Finance for system upgrades and new location implementations.
5. Work with global partners and business segments to ensure compliance with all relevant public company financial rules and regulations.
6. Lead and manage a team.
7. Coordinate all Corporate financial audits with Independent Auditor, CFO, and all company locations.
8. Lead special projects that require technical or business-related financial support.
- Degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting-Finance. CPA required.
- 10 years of progressively responsible financial experience in either public company accounting or industry; 7 years as a people leader.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and communicate effectively across the full Finance organization as well as other corporate functions.
- Knowledge of SEC and FASB , federal and state income taxes and government contract financial administration desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with all management levels, the Board of Directors, and external financial and legal communities.
- Experience managing continuous system and process implementation initiatives across complex global environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems in support of the Accounting function
- Experience leading the Due Diligence and Integration on behalf of the Accounting function.
- Experience changing the financial strategies to support an organization focused on global growth
- Experience migrating accounting, Accounts Payable and other functions into global shared services environment.
- Experience establishing a world-class Accounting function.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.
Finance/Accounting/Tax | | |