This position is a part-time weekend position. Saturday's 1:30p-6p and Sunday's 2:30p-6p - Alternating Holiday's required. Weekday availability needed as well.
Under limited supervision, greets visitors at community’s front reception desk. Represents community to visitors and callers in a professional, pleasant and courteous manner; ensures their questions and needs are directed to the appropriate person.
1. Greets all visitors entering facility in a courteous, warm and professional manner. May provide drinks and other comfort amenities, as deemed appropriate, while waiting. Ensures that guests sign guest sheets and locates correct resident or party to escort visitors, answer questions, etc. Notifies residents of visitors and obtains directions regarding their desires on receiving guests and handles them accordingly.
2. Promotes positive image of community and serves as ambassador of community to visitors. May answer general questions regarding community to potential residents and inquiring families. Provides informational brochures and packets as requested. Ensures proper referrals to marketing staff.
3. Receives incoming phone calls and directs to proper residents and staff. Maintains and updates log of emergency phone numbers. Also maintains contact information for residents and staff.
4. Receives all mail for community and residents; sorts and delivers to mail locations appropriately. Collects outgoing packages and mail; ensures their proper handling, charging and collection by postal and shipping companies. Delivers newspapers, waters plants, straightens office and lobby, and prepares refreshments.
5. May check visitors into guest suites and ensures that questions are answered and access is granted.
6. May call for transportation as requested by residents. Maintains logs on resident check in lights and visual check in. Alerts staff when residents may not appear as expected.
7. May routinely perform basic typing, filing and clerical work as requested. Maintains community resident rosters and other community information as requested. May update birthday lists and complete card mailings.
8. Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes, etc.)
9. May assist Executive Director in community admissions and discharges. Assists in the maintenance of resident and employee files.
10. May take prospective residents and/or their families on tours of the community when marketing and administrative personnel are not available.
11. Maintains confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive information (Business, Resident, Employee, Medical Records, etc.).
12. May assist the Activity Director and/or others as necessary in promoting activities with residents in the lobby. Promotes and encourages residents to participate in such activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Basic typing skills essential along with basic knowledge of PC's and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence. Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
Job Type: Part-time
Communication method(s) used: