Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer IV to work in our Springfield VA office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the PS-ISR AS GAS mission. In this mission we are responsible for the development, implementation, and extension of today’s evolving National System for Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) (NSG) architecture to the forward edge delivering GEOINT data and services in a myriad of forms in support of forward deployed warfighters.
The candidate will be responsible for performing engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members for evaluation of operational requirements and developing technical solutions.
- The candidate is required to interface verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical staff as well as the customer.
- Performs engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Master's degree and 12 plus years of experience.
- Experience with Agile systems engineering.
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with Agile software development processes.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with big data, data analytics, and machine learning.
- Experience with physics-based algorithm development and modeling and simulation.
- Experience with 3D data visualization and commercial game engines (e.g., Unreal Engine, Unity).
- Experience with systems integration of cloud based applications and services (e.g., Amazon Web Services).
- Experience with networks communications with voice, imagery, and video formats.
- Experience with processing human geography data.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.