- Public Speaking
- Management Experience
- Nonprofit Experience
We are seeking an Executive Director who can provide inspirational leadership for our innovative and growing organization. Reporting to an active, engaged Board of Directors, the Executive Director oversees all aspects of the organization, with a focus on strategic direction and development, financial and operational oversight, and board leadership. Collaborating with an experienced and talented creative staff, the Executive Director oversees the artistic direction of the organization and ensures the success of marketing and communications in achieving the organization’s mission.
- Work alongside Board of Directors to ensure strategic, creative, financial, and operational sustainability. Support Board and committee meetings, and keep Board apprised of achievements, upcoming events, and issues that arise.
- Lead strategic visioning and develop a dynamic framework for organizational growth and sustainability.
- Contributed income comprises 80% of our budget. Working with the Development Officer and Board Development Committee, create and implement a fundraising strategy to achieve strategic goals. Sources include major gifts, annual fund (electronic, and semi-annual direct mail), foundation grants, government grants, festival pass sales, fundraising and cultivation events, etc.
- Develop relationships with Boston’s Jewish, film and artistic communities to ensure that BJF is well-known and positioned. Participate in community events and establish collaborative relationships with other community leaders.
- Provide financial oversight, including budget development and monitoring, together with the Treasurer and Finance Committee. Oversee annual audit.
- Oversee all artistic programs, in collaboration with program staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and outside vendors to create and monitor marketing and communications strategy, including print collateral, newsletter, social media, web site, and press. Review all print, electronic, and social media communications before release.
- Oversee all HR decisions and policies. Ensure that office is a clean, secure, attractive place to work and visit, and that necessary technology is in place.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of leadership and management experience, preferably in a non-profit arts organization. Graduate degree in a relevant field (such as business or arts administration) a plus.
- A proven track record of individual and institutional fundraising, including the cultivation and stewardship of major donors, preferably in the local Jewish community.
- Experience in working with an active, engaged Board of Directors.
- Experience in managing a creative staff.
- Experience in operations and financial management
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking to large audiences.
- Understanding of current marketing and social media tools
- Passion for independent film
- Must be available for evening and weekend events and meetings throughout the year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)