This role is responsible for supporting employee relations throughout the entire employee life cycle from sourcing to termination while providing guidance and counsel to managers in navigating day-to-day issues related to performance and compliance.
- Responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: sourcing, recruiting, screening and placement of individuals by using internal and external sourcing methods, and other creative means and sources to meet the organization’s staffing objectives.
- Process job requisitions and communicate with hiring managers to ensure current job descriptions and requirements are accurate. Work with hiring managers to establish compliant criterion that supports the organizations strategy and vision.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with government and agency regulations related to employment and discrimination laws. Work closely with managers and VP of HR Operations to ensure consistent, fair and compliant pay practices are enforced.
- Coach management, staff, and employees through complex workplace issues.
- Work closely with managers to ensure employment practices are consistent throughout the organization while relevant to the individual situation presented.
- Ensure disciplinary and termination procedures are followed. Participate in meetings and discussions as needed.
- Assist managers in job description creation, performance assessments, developing career paths and creating career development objectives with employees.
- Assists employees with questions related to benefits and pay.
- Compose new hire/transfer/compensation/promotion letters and process employees’ status changes through the HRIS system. Processes FMLA, ADA and other compliance related matters as needed. Maintain employee records.
- Reviews and evaluates job descriptions to determine classification and appropriateness for the organizations staffing goals and organizational alignment.
- Regularly communicates with other HR staff to ensure relevant employee relations issues that may impact HR activities (audits, compliance, reporting, systems, and vendors) are known.
- Acquire, develop, and conduct in house training and coordinate external training as required.
Assists with departmental projects that increase the efficiency and value for the department and organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in HR or related field
- 7 years progressive and relevant Human Resource experience
- PHR, SHRM-CP Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service. Ability to work independently and make conscientious decisions without significant oversight
- Must have good judgment, decision making, and diplomacy skills.
- EQI- Emotional Intelligence required.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to influence others.
- Must be comfortable confronting difficult situations.
- Negotiation and mediating skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Relations: 7 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 7 years (Required)