Start fresh in 2020 with a job doing what you love, caring for dogs. Fit and Go Pets is a mom-daughter owned and run dog boarding, daycare and grooming facility in Miami. We are looking for hard-working and reliable dog-loving people interested in long-term employment. We are a close-knit group of people who truthfully care for our four-legged customers. We have a couple of positions open at the moment and offer flexible schedules.
Must be available early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Must know how to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
Must have reliable transportation.
Experience working with all sized dogs, A PLUS.
Dog trainer, A SUPER PLUS.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and supervising group play in a pack environment
- Utilizing safe handling techniques to monitor and maintain a safe environment for large groups of dogs
- Becoming well versed on non-verbal canine communication
- Identifying signs of illness, distress or injury in dogs
- Maintaining a safe environment for dogs all sizes, ages, temperaments and needs for safe interaction and play
- Conducting a large amount of cleaning
- Interacting with customers
- Conducting in-facility check-ins and check-outs
- Taking pictures and videos (company owned device)
- Providing all animals with appropriate food, water, bedding, toys and other mental stimulation and enrichment
- Driving company vehicle to conduct transportation service
- Handling dogs and customer needs when picking up/dropping off dogs
Pay is based on experience and performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $13.00 /hour
- dogs over 50lbs: 1 year (Preferred)
- professional pet care: 1 year (Preferred)
- art handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- professional dog related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma