A&S Metal Recycling is the preferred partner for Fortune 500 companies across the United States and Mexico, with over 37 years experience. We are one of the largest high-volume scrap metal processors in the United States and handle all aspects of ferrous, non-ferrous, high-temperature alloy, and precious metals recycling.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast planning and reports, maintaining and improving internal control policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Manage internal controls in the accounting department, ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures for accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Liaise with A and S Metal's outside CPA firm. Prepare and submit month end and year end reporting to the CPA.
- Manage internal financial control systems
- Manage accounting operations, make recommendations accordingly for efficacy and efficiency
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics
- Oversee regulatory reporting; tax planning and compliance
- Manage payroll
- Prepare month-end closing reports, bank reconciliations, and expense accruals.
- Liaise with company's customers and vendors.
- Manage accounting support staff; hire, train, manage, and retain accounting staff and terminations.
- Manage insurance policies and renewals
- Perform routine audits on bills of materials, ensure accuracy in prices and costs are commensurate to and reflect company operations
- Input routine sales and deposits
- Assist with special projects from management and provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Min 3 years in a senior accounting role.
- Excellent communication, technology, analytical, and management skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize independently
- Knowledge of Sage 50 a definite plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a skilled listener
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines with ease, not easily flummoxed
- A stickler for efficiency, efficacy, and accuracy
- Positive attitude
- Experience in the metal recycling; scrap metal or steel industry a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Possess analytical capabilities with a strong focus on contract accounting
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working with Maquiladoras' and C-TPAT programs and procedures a plus
Salary commensurate with experience
This position is a full-time position. Salary + Benefits
A and S Metal Recycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting Manager Role: 2 years (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply