SUMMARY OF POSITION: Manages the financial functions of the organization including maintaining of the monthly accounting records, preparation/analysis of monthly financial statements and reports, budgeting/forecasting and strategic planning, cost accounting and margin analysis and compliance with bank reporting and debt covenants/requirements. In addition, this position is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, transactions with lending institutions, and working with external auditors regarding the annual financial audit. The position involves supervision over general accounting, fixed asset accounting, payroll, and cost accounting.
- Manages the development and analysis of accounting and financial information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Manages all treasury functions including cash receipts, disbursements, and reconciliation of cash accounts, bank account management, and cash flow forecasting.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Establishes accounting policies for the accounting team and prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on the past, present, and future operations.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes, and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances.
- Is responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises, and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Reviews insurance coverage to ensure protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- This individual and the accounting staff are expected to work closely with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance in identifying and solving problems.
- Performs financial analysis of lean initiatives and Kaizen events to determine cost savings.
- Manages annual audit with external accountants.
- Assists CFO with the management of international finance including transfer pricing, financial analysis and monthly reporting.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Minimum of eight years experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least three years of management experience. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). CPA and experience with international finance preferred.
SKILLS: Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong accuracy and precision, general business acumen, organized, able to understand and manage accounting, honest, good written and oral communication skills, good people skills, team player, strong knowledge of Excel and ERP accounting systems. Strong management or leadership skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 8 years (Preferred)
- International Finance: 3 years (Preferred)