Maintenance Crew Leader
The Maintenance Crew Leader will be responsible for oversight of a 2-3 member crew and the efficient execution of daily routes assigned by the Director of Maintenance or VP of Maintenance Maintenance Crew Leaders are expected to be working along with their crew, not merely supervising the efforts of others. Areas of responsibility include: Crew management and on-site training, equipment preparation and planning, on-site safety compliance and participation in all aspects of maintenance services.
Essential Job Functions
- The Maintenance Crew Leader is responsible for elements of Safety, Quality and Customer Experience.
- Lead crew members in safe, timely and high quality route executions.
- Be on call for emergencies.
- Set clear requirements and expectations for the Maintenance crew members.
- Responsible for the measurement of performance and providing feedback on specific jobs/employees.
- Work with supervisors to improve performance and eliminate quality issues.
- Ensure that industry best practices are used concerning Safety and Equipment Operation.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with operations leadership.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in landscape operations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating Landscape related equipment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate crews and manage conflict.
- Ability to read, understand, and effectively communicate necessary policies and procedures to others.
- Regular use of landscape maintenance related equipment.
- Heavy lifting will be required.
- Frequent walking across uneven terrain.
- Flexible availability. Evening hours and light travel are often required.
- The job is primarily performed outdoors.
Job Type: Full-time