When life changes, we can help! At The Advocator Group, we turn challenges into opportunities in order to enrich the lives of our clients. Our stunning Teammates are dedicated to preserving the financial well-being of clients by assisting them through the Social Security Disability benefits process.
The Advocator Group has achieved continuous growth in employee count, locations and revenue since our beginning in 2002. We operate as a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, one of the largest players in the insurance & financial services industry, with over 75 years of dedicated service.
We are looking for a detail and multi-task-oriented Teammate to join our team as Legal Assistant
- Full time position, 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday
- Competitive compensation
- Located in Wakefield, MA- modern building with free parking & walking paths
- Assist in the identification, implementation and maintenance of the company’s information, privacy policies and procedures.
- Develop, direct, deliver and maintain privacy policies and training.
- Manage licensing and other certifications for all employees
- Draft, proof and update documentation, correspondence, agreements policies, and communications
- Coordinate requests for the release of information and ensure the privacy of information is maintained pursuant to applicable policies
- Manage, review and coordinate incoming mail and communications to Legal & Compliance
- Risk avoidance and research duties as assigned
- Support Social Security advocacy and other business lines with case review and management as needed
- Compile necessary documentation for audits
- Contract management, implementation, renewal, and monitoring of key dates
- Support the organization’s document retention and destruction policy
- Management and monitoring of vendor attorney network and independent contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or related field is required
- 2 + years of Paralegal, law clerk or similar experience in a law firm or legal department
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (oral and written)
- Experience in information privacy laws, access and release of information in a corporate environment is preferred
- Ability to think strategically, manage projects independently, and pursue multiple objectives simultaneously
- Westlaw and Salesforce (or other claims management software) experience a plus
Our stunning Teammates are truly what makes our success possible! We are committed to providing a positive environment that fosters growth, innovation and collaboration.
To support our Teammates, we offer…
- Tuition reimbursement, training & professional growth opportunities
- Employee engagement- annual outings, MVP awards & bagel Fridays
- Health, Dental, Vision & Pet Insurance plans
- Paid Vacation & Holiday time
- 401K & employee stock purchase plan
We play as individuals, but win as a team… We look forward to you joining The Advocator Group on our mission to change lives!
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Physical requirements on a regular basis of this role include:
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word in which one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Visual: Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading.
The Advocator Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants. M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
- Wakefield, MA (Preferred)