Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company has grown from four small, family local companies, to one, strong and leveraged leading supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving and construction services throughout the state of Minnesota and surrounding areas. With operations going back to 1861, we boast a remarkably long history of success in the Minnesota aggregate and asphalt industry.
This position will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of a project or projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Including responsibility for sales and marketing of materials construction products.
Pay Range: $86,500 to $90,000 with 10% bonus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Superintendent include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain daily control of project(s): management and coordination of onsite personnel, equipment operations and subcontractor activities.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations
- Read and comprehend project specifications
- Assist in project Estimating, to include, review of bid documents, quantity take-offs from plans, pre-jobsite investigations
- Accurate pricing of products based on given cost factors.
- Knowledgeable with DOT specifications.
- Assist with accurate cost estimates using historical data and productivity modules.
- Assist Operations with tracking project costs and revenues.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, as well as, customers/owners representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and operating guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all project personnel.
- Accurate and timely preparation of project schedules, timecards, equipment hours, production reports and purchase orders.
- Daily communications with the internal/external stakeholders regarding project status.
- Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports and meeting frequently with the customer/owner representatives on pay quantities prior to each estimate.
- Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
- Assist in dealing with employee issues and subcontractor/vendor performance issues.
- Ability to resolve problems and make project decisions that maximize project opportunities.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Ensure the project meets or exceeds the QC/QA goals.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, materials and blue print reading.
- Must be knowledgeable with survey and project layout
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Individuals must have a strong background in project management, estimating, and construction.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency of MS Excel and Word applications required.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May occasionally lift move/carry up to 10 lbs. and occasionally use exertion forces of pushing/pulling of up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Standard office environment.
- Visits to outdoor work locations/ job sites as needed
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability
Job ID: 476399
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,500.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
Work Location: In person