We are looking for an individual with excellent people skills to add to our team at Boyce and Bynum for the Long Term Care Mobile Phlebotomy Coordinator position in our Oklahoma City office.
Monday-Friday 4:00am - 11:00am, with rotations of weekends and holidays.
The Long Term Care Phlebotomy Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Performs daily checks to direct team for daily scheduling of unscheduled draws, and daily flight box preparation.
- Leads team in a positive direction.
- Performs job as a team member as work load dictates.
- Draws blood samples as requested according to order draw. Ensures accurate labeling of specimens and ordering of correct tests.
- Uses correct phlebotomy procedures and collects the specimen type that is required for each applicable test.
- Completes all necessary paperwork according to procedure and under established timeframes.
- Ensures specimen integrity while collecting, processing and transporting all specimens.
- Trains new/rotating personnel according to BBPL orientation.
- Ensures courteous treatment of patients, causing as little pain as possible when drawing blood.
- Tracks inventory and maintains an adequate supply of all phlebotomy materials.
- Must have valid driver’s license with liability insurance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have phlebotomy training
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, kneel, carry up to 25 lbs., and drive.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- 3+ years practicing phlebotomy
- Demonstration of Leadership Ability
- Certification from a healthcare training program
Boyce & Bynum is an innovative pathology laboratory with our headquarters based in Columbia, Missouri. We strive to give amazing customer service to our clients and patients, while staying on the cutting edge of new laboratory testing procedures.
As a company, we offer competitive benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, and free lab work. (Only if it is processed at a Boyce and Bynum Lab of course!)
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer