Dapper Surfaces LLC is currently looking to hire a hard-working and driven Lead Concrete Polishing Technician. We specialize in being the best at concrete grinding, polishing, staining, sealing, coating, resurfacing and other related tasks.
We don’t do mediocre. Successful candidate will have experience in doing a job well, knowing it was the best job they could do, and taking pride in that. They will have a passion for excellence, eye for detail and drive to do better. The mindset that quality isn’t static, it’s always improving. Your best next week is always better than your best last week.
99% of work is indoors, enabling year-round work not dependent on the weather.
Experience in concrete polishing is not required we will train the right candidate both on the job and outside training classes and seminars and certification courses around the country. A significant investment will be made in training and education thus we ask only for applicants looking for a long term position and career in the industry.
- Operate grinders, polishers, floor scrubbers, hand tools, vacuums and other industry related equipment following safety procedures.
- Installation of materials such as epoxies, joint fillers, overlays, sealers, stains and densifiers.
- Identify situations that will require application of and apply tape, masking and other surface protection products to prevent damage to property.
- Remove different types of flooring materials
- Inventory, write purchase orders, keep trailer stocked with products and materials as necessary
- Communicate effectively with team members, customers, project managers and contractors.
- Occasional travel, night and weekend work. Per diem, mileage, hotel and shift differential paid.
- Requires physical work including working on hands/knees, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying objects weighing 100lbs or more occasionally.
Required Qualities, Skills or Experience
- Ability to learn new several step processes quickly. Be able to apply processes to different Situations, modify and adapt to new challenges.
- Experience in construction required
- Ability to independently complete tasks
- Responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to spot differences in sheen, color, texture and consistency.
- Communication, reasoning and problem solving.
- Pick things up quickly, learn fast and adapt to change.
Desired Qualities, Skills or Experience
- Leadership/Supervisor experience a plus
- Epoxy, coatings, concrete grinding experience
- Prior commercial flooring experience a plus
- Finish related trades- Finish carpenter, flooring installation experience in hardwood, tile, stone ceramic, vct.
- Body work, automotive, masonry, historic restoration experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $27.00 /hour
- Construction: 2 years (Required)
- flooring installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Rochester, MN (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)