POSITION SUMMARY: First and foremost, LifeWell exists to:
- Enhance the lives of seniors by providing a CONNECTED, ACTIVE, PURPOSEFUL and SAFE (CAPS) life, regardless of age or physical limitations.
- Provide a culture of INNOVATION as we constantly pursue better methods of improving the lives of seniors.
- Encourage a lifestyle that focuses on six dimensions of wellness: SOCIAL, NUTRITIONAL, INTELLECTUAL, PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL (SNIPES).
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures. The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) must exhibit genuine interest and passion to serve seniors, their families, and visitors. This position is responsible for managing all facets of service to address resident care and services within the community. The RSC selects, trains, supervises and schedules the care managers and medication care managers. The RSC monitors resident care needs, ensures exceptional customer service, and partners with the Health and Wellness Director to ensure care and service needs are met. The RSC acts as a liaison with community providers. The RSC coordinates services in collaboration with the Life Enrichment, Dining, Physical Plant, and Housekeeping departments for Connections and Assisted Living neighborhoods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to LifeWell’s Care and Service Standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Successful completion of State Approved Medication Administration training and a current first aid certificate as required by the State.
- Bachelor’s Degree or five years of health-related supervisory experience required in long-term care or assisted living and experience with memory impaired senior population.
- Continuing Education:
- As required by law, attend in-service educations within the community.
- Professional Memberships:
- Recommended and encouraged.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents. Must have good written and verbal skills and must be able to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral direction. Must have good conflict resolution skills, and can handle multiple priorities, in a high paced environment. Must have the ability to delegate tasks and assignments effectively, demonstrates good judgment and decision making, and critical thinking skills, demonstrates good time management skills and proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher. Must be able to work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for the following:
Resident Care and Programming:
- Provide resident-care services defined by company standards and state regulations.
- Plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of the Connections and Assisted Living Neighborhoods in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and LifeWell Senior Living regulations and guidelines
- Embraces the CAPS philosophy, and is a champion of culture.
- Completes all LifeWell training and state training or required ongoing training per state guidelines
- Demonstrates competence and leads programming with the assistance of the LifeStyle Director to ensure that programming is scheduled and conducted in a way that reflects the resident’s capabilities and interests with daily involvement from the care team.
- Collaborates with the LifeStyle Director to engage volunteers
- Designs, schedules and facilitates the Connections Program ensuring a variety of dementia appropriate activities
- Leads both the Assisted Living and Connections care team to a high service standard.
- Has a solid knowledge base of Alzheimer’s Disease, and consistently seeks to learn new techniques, and knowledge of the disease
- Provides support to Connections Family through frequent communication, support groups, and family events.
- Facilitates and monitors the care plans to ensure completion of tasks including activities of daily living and engagement in daily programming
- Partners with Health and Wellness Director by alerting to any change of condition of the resident including tracking incident reporting
- Participates in Move In process by attending initial assessment with Health and Wellness Director and communicating resident needs and preferences to team members, and executive team
- Coordinates regular care plan meetings per state guidelines with the resident and family.
- Creates and monitors the Daily Assignment Sheets.
- Utilizes the assessment process and findings to determine the care levels and appropriate variable staffing
- Partners with the Executive Chef to ensure resident’s needs and preferences are met
- Responsible for training care team on dining services to ensure an exceptional dining experience in Connections and Memory Care
- Participates in the dining experience daily
- Makes regular visits to the community during off peak times to ensure LifeWell standards are in place
- Uses Best Practices to ensure programming meets company standard benchmarks
- Facilitates quarterly Family Council Meetings in Connections
- Provides support and communicates regularly to Connections Family Members through frequent communication, support groups, care plan meetings, family events, emails, and phones calls.
- Acts as a resource and meets the families social and emotional needs while encouraging family involvement
Training and Leadership:
- Responsible for monitoring team member hours worked and staffing patterns to assure the maximization of variable staffing.
- Assists with developing annual budget for the Connections and Assisted Living Neighborhood
- Understands and manages the department budget to include labor and other expenses and the impact on overall community performance
- Selects, trains, supervises, coaches and provides progressive discipline to all Care Managers and Lead Care Managers along with ensuring onboarding, and New Hire paperwork is completed.
- Sets expectations that all team members must learn, understand, and embrace the LifeWell culture
- Schedules all Resident Care Managers, Lead Care Managers and partners with Health and Wellness Director in scheduling Medication Care Managers
- Partners in the delivery and participation of the LifeWell Senior Living New Hire Orientation, Dementia training, and legendary service training
- Coordinates staffing and scheduling in collaboration with the Health and Wellness Director and Scheduler, if applicable according to the operational and budgetary guidelines
- Ensures review of daily time keeping and payroll reports
- Conducts timely performance appraisals with meaningful conversations
- Holds team members accountable, corrects action when necessary and documents accordingly
- Attends regular meetings: Stand up, Crossover, Department Head Meetings, Safety, Staff Meetings and others as directed by the Executive Director
- Keeps current with professional developments in the field reading, attending conferences and training sessions
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Facilitates network contacts and conducts community outreach to arrange speakers for educational support for family members