To provide onsite coordination for all phases of commercial projects including supervision of field superintendents at multiple jobsites, coordinating subcontractor, material, and equipment, ensuring job specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The General Superintendent will also be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job-site safety.
The General Superintendent will work in conjunction with field supervisors to oversee all sub-contractors, vendors on a daily basis. The General Superintendent shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task through the duration of all projects.
Essential Functions of General Superintendent:
· Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
· Oversee multiple field superintendents and assist with managing their workloads on various projects.
· Mentor and provide hands on training/guidance for field superintendents to promote professional growth within the company.
· Be a representative of Mid Atlantic Contracting by adhering to company policies and procedures and enforce as needed.
· Communicate with Project Managers, supervisors, and subcontractors to efficiently and effectively perform the duties required to manage/complete the project(s).
· Work in conjunction with both Project Managers and field superintendents to maintain project budgets and deliver completion of projects on time.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work performed on-site.
· Schedule subcontractors and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion of projects.
· Coordinate required inspections and consultations, as needed.
· Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with the agreed upon scope of work.
· Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
· Identify conflicts/issues in construction job-site progress. Communicate conflicts/issues to field supervisors, Project Managers, and customer and provide resolutions.
· Ensure subcontractor corrects all issues identified on the jobsite.
· Ensure that jobsites are always kept in a clean and organized manner.
· Maintain daily logs (electronic) of activities on jobsite.
Secondary Functions of General Superintendent[CL1] :
· Attend pre-construction meetings with Project Managers
· Identify areas of work that are outside the subcontracted scope of work.
· Must be able to provide onsite direction to and resolve problems amongst sub-contractors, vendors, and Mid Atlantic Contracting employees.
· Must be able to identify deficiencies in work performed and provide resolutions.
· Must be able to EXCEL at communication via phone and email with sub-contractors, vendors, Project Managers, and field superintendents.
· Must be able to read/understand all drawings and specs per projects.
· Must have exceptional customer service and be able to manage difficult customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests, and meet customer commitments.
· Must have sound interpersonal skills and be able to solve conflicts that arise on the jobsites and remain open to new ideas and efficiencies.
· Must have excellent oral communication and be able to speak clearly, listen and get clarification from sub-contractors, vendors, customers, and Project Management. Must also have the ability to respond both quickly and effectively to jobsite questions.
· Must have excellent written communication and be able to write clearly and informatively. Communication should be without spelling and grammar mistakes. The ability to read and interpret written instructions is a must.
· Must be able to work as a team and be a true team member. The ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, the ability to provide and take feedback, and the ability to contribute to building a positive team-oriented atmosphere by supporting your supervisors and Project Managers is a must.
· Must be able to prioritize and plan jobsite tasks, use time efficiently, organize/schedule other employees and their tasks and develop realistic action plans pertaining to the job.
· Must be able to communicate with customers, sub-contractors, vendors, field superintendents, and Project Managers in a professional manner and follow through on commitments.
· Must be able to accurately assess the jobsite and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality work, and provide feedback to improve performance.
· Must be able to complete work in a timely manner and constantly strive to increase productivity.
· Must be able to observe and follow OSHA safety standards, report potentially unsafe working conditions, and use tools/equipment/ and materials properly.
· Must be able to consistently report to work on time, arrive to jobsite meetings and appointments on time, and ensure responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence.
· Must show initiative, seek increased responsibilities in the field, and offer assistance when needed.
· Must be able to travel to various jobsites as assigned.
· Must have at least 5 years of experience in a construction superintendent role.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; drive; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; type/use computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites as well as wet and/or humid conditions, construction debris, dust, construction material fumes and odors, moving mechanical parts, high and underground precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, all weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration; must work outside in varying weather/driving conditions combined with regular work time indoors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Supervising: 5 years (Required)