- Project Management
- HR Sourcing
NanoCore Technologies is an early stage technology company developing a method of metal additive manufacturing an order of magnitude less complicated and less expensive than existing printers. Today, popular metal 3D printers cost half a million dollars or more and use complicated high-powered lasers and controlled atmospheres. NanoCore is taking an entirely different approach that utilizes proprietary materials science and machine design to make metal 3D printing easier, simpler and less expensive than previously imaginable. To put it simply, we believe our technology will fundamentally change how metal parts are made.
We are a dedicated team of engineers and scientists passionate about manufacturing innovation. We see technical challenges as opportunities, and through focus and teamwork we find creative solutions. Apply only if you are excited about getting your hands dirty. NanoCore is located in San Francisco, CA and is walking distance to BART & Caltrain and offers competitive salaries, benefits and stock options.
As Manufacturing & Sourcing Manager you will work directly with the VP of Engineering to lead all sourcing and manufacturing efforts to bring NanoCore's unique 3D metal printing technology to market. Sourcing activities include extensive sourcing of major mechanical and electrical components and assemblies in the USA, Asia, and Europe requiring factory visits, vendor qualification and implementation of quality control systems. Manufacturing activities will primary involve planning and executing batch assembly of complicated industrial equipment using off the shelf and custom sub-assemblies as well as vendor selection and management of contract manufacturers for final product assembly and testing. Experience with vendor management and procurement of custom chemical compounds is also highly desired. This role requires extensive project planning, reporting and coordination to achieve on-time delivery of the company's next-generation industrial equipment. Tasks include:
- Project management of all company sourcing activities across a global supplier base
- Vendor qualification and management for major sub-assembly procurement
- Quoting and vendor selection for the manufacture of custom mechanical, electrical and chemical components
- Cost reduction of sourced components via vendor negotiation, alternative sourcing and supply chain optimization
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, vendor management, and quality control for the production of industrial-grade products with a major manufacturer
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems sourcing and quality control
- Demonstrated project management skills; experience overseeing and completing projects on schedule and within allocated budget
- Bachelors or Masters in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, or a similar technical degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Chinese language skills a plus!