AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employee Lifecycle Management:
- The HR Manager will be responsible for the operational HR delivery aligned to the business function.
- Help ensure that the regional business and/or site level functions achieve objectives by giving good quality HR advice and guidance based on sound HR knowledge, professionalism and an understanding of the AkzoNobel HR Strategy and practices
- When required this role will take the lead in managing employee and industrial relations at the relevant level
- Work with other areas of the HR Operating Model (People Services and CoE) to ensure a comprehensive high quality HR service to our internal customers
- Work with and coordinate efforts with other functional HR Managers / Advisors to ensure continuity of service levels and HR Support in the region as required
- Coach and support people managers so that they have the necessary capability to carry out activities in the annual employee calendar (P&DD and talent management processes, annual Reward calendar, etc). Where necessary guide managers to the other areas in the HR model that will support them (people services, CoEs)
- Facilitate the P&DD and Talent calibration processes
- Facilitate Operational Workforce Planning at the relevant level working with the business/function.
- Provide day to day coaching and advice to managers to facilitate planning and decision making in areas such as recruitment, development and local restructuring requirements (subject to the standard business/function approval processes)
- Support and coach managers in dealing with day to day employee management, including individual performance issues and absence management
- Support and coach managers in discussions relating to job evaluation, pay and reward working with the Regional Rewards CoE as required.
- Work with local business/functional teams to identify learning and development requirements and liaise with the regional CoE partners to deliver solutions
- Work with the regional CoE partners to roll out AkzoNobel global learning initiatives in their area.
- Work with managers to identify and manage talent locally. Leverage the CoE's expertise and resources to define an actionable development plan and ensure follow-up to build a talent pipeline and ensure succession planning.
- Work with managers to improve employee engagement. Work with site or other management teams to encourage employee communication and support local engagement or community events.
- Be a role model for the company values and leadership behaviors and champion these locally.
- Support and/or lead local plans for standardization and continuous improvement within the country
- Work with other HR colleagues in the country to ensure that AkzoNobel global HR processes are implemented within their area of responsibility
- Explain and support the standard HR Operating model, directing managers and employees to the correct part of the model
- Take ownership where they identify data inaccuracies and address them with the appropriate part of the model/business
- Ensure managers and employees are using the self-service tools available and address transactional HR topics with People Services.
- Act as CoE ‘Champions’ i.e. as a local extension of the CoE team to provide delivery of services such as training or rewards.
- Assess quality of service and provide customer feedback to the HR function to drive continuous improvement
- Safeguard the company by ensuring compliance to local legal requirements in all aspects of HR policy, taking advice from outside legal advisors where required
- Help to promote awareness of the AkzoNobel Speak Up process and participate in investigations as required
- Counsel line managers and/or employees in employee relations procedures, including labor disputes.
- Participate in local internal and external audits
- Provide the relevant level of HR input to the AkzoNobel internal compliance processes e.g. ‘In Control’
Any other reasonable duties to ensure the smooth operation of the HR function.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Competencies and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5 years of HR generalist experience in HR
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Service and solution focused mindset
- Ability to work with some level of ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills – individual, group
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, complex environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel when needed
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Influencing and problem solving skills
- Business acumen
- Conceptual, analytical and result-oriented approach
- Interpersonal, integrity and relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making and courage to challenge
As a leading coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.