Director, Creative Services - Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp.
Reportsto: VicePresident,Creative Services
Supervises: Non-Employee or Members Vendors
Status: Full Time Salary with Benefits
Oversee the visual development of assigned content creation and directly assist the Vice President of Creative Services in the effort to create stand-alone commercial art with an emphasis to brand image consistency for the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. Additionally, assist in the direct creation of both digital and physical commercial artworks for any marketing, promotion, event and retail efforts assigned. Direct the coordination and completion of any assigned photo shoots commissioned or overseen by the NCVC to ensure all visual elements are executed from concept to finished product in a timely manner.
- Create, concept and design any/all graphic shapes, elements and typography for any marketing and promotional material; including the final assembly for the layout of photography, illustration and copy for any final assigned creative task.
- Orchestrate the development and execution of imaging strategies with each respective marketing team and/or NCVC departments, as well as partner with members to foster and develop consistent visual branding.
- Coordinate with Traffic Manager transactions with print vendors, freelance designers, and/or display companies by requesting
and/or providing necessary artwork, logos and copy for packaging or marketing and promotional materials.
- Drive and lead imaging with photographers as assigned, in both conceptual and creative execution for final photo approval.
- Research design trends within digital interface and physical print applications.
- Completelogo designs, special projects, orotherdutiesas
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills with client service-minded orientation; willingness to seek out work and self-motivate.
- Ability to analyze projects from concept through finished product; and to direct job assignment efforts and articulate goals.
- Ability to work effectively amidst changing conditions and relate well with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individualsboth inside and outside the company, with the distinct ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others through a maintaining constructive composure and effectiveness with all working relationships.
- Abilitytodevelop new means to maximize department workflow efficiency tobestutilizecompany
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail; accomplish work in a timely fashion in order of priority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated people management skills.
- Understanding of all Creative Suite design software required. Specific to Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of additional Mac-based design platform and programs; knowledge of PC-based data programs and filing systems for archiving; ability to learn new software packages and applications as needed.
- Understanding on the role of a creative services department within a corporate work environment.
- Working knowledge of the creative process within both graphic and photography disciplines.
- Knowledge of offset/digital printing, engraving and the manufacturing process.
- Climate-controlled office environment, 8 hour workday.
- Variations in work volume in frequently require extended working hours.
- Approximately(but not limited to) 3-5 additional hoursperweek.
- May require occasional local travel for assigned photo
EDUCATION WORK EXPERIENCE
Collegiate Bachelor’s degree or art school degree in a graphic design-related field preferred.
_ 5 years of previous or current graphic design experience.
_ 4 years of previous creative or art direction experience.
_ 3 years of photography and or film/video experience.
_ 2 years of printing or print vendor experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- current graphic design: 5 years (Required)
- Nashville, TN (Preferred)