Canyon West of Cascadia is seeking an exceptional RN MDS Nurse to join our team.
- Conducts physical assessment of residents on admission, conducting or coordinating the interviewing of each resident for the resident’s assessment schedules.
- MDS reviews and updates quarterly, annually, and as needed for significant changes in condition.
- Participates in quality improvement programs.
- Maintains the MDS and PPS tracking logs.
- Interacts with staff within the facility, staff of other departments, and family to coordinate care processes of resident assessment and care planning.
- Conducts training programs for appropriate staff on the completion and use of the MDS and care planning.
- Manages the overall process and tracking of all Medicare/Medicaid case-mix documents in order to assure appropriate reimbursement for services provided while conducting concurrent MDS reviews to assure achievement of maximum allowable RUG categories.
- Tracks Medicare residents to determine continued and appropriate Medicare eligibility and benefit period by determining skilled level of need.
- Completes the admission and discharge assessments and maintains tracking system for admission/re- entry/discharge including timely completion of certifications and re-certifications for skilled coverage.
- Manages the data entry function to ensure the accuracy of the MDS and verify electronic transmissions.
- Coordinates staff for weekly PPS and triple-check meetings. Assures all participants attend, and verifies proper facility forms are used.
- Assists in the preparation of all requests from appropriate State and/or federal regulatory agencies or agents regarding payment of services (reconsideration, denials appeals, etc.)
- Maintains transmission data in a systematic format and stores in a safe, locked area
- Maintains a current and comprehensive knowledge of MDS and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)