Applicant MUST have experience with full cycle payroll processing to include reviewing approved time sheets, entering and analyzing garnishments, child support withholding, etc., researching and creating new local tax withholding as needed, submitting biweekly payroll and processing payments of withholding from payroll.
SCOPE: This position performs a variety of accounting duties involved in processing, reconciling and documenting the payroll function for the agency. The essential functions must be performed with a high degree of accuracy. This position reports directly to the Assistant Manager of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of the bi-weekly payroll in Kronos, CMHA’s Payroll and HRIS;
- Auditing bi-weekly payroll time sheets, verifying name, job classification and rate of pay for each employee;
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations, policies governing wage and hour, and union contracts;
- Entering and processing new hires, union dues, benefit deductions, promotions, transfers, reclassification, pay increases, suspension or termination of employees, payout of unused leave time, involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, etc.;
- Reconcile, calculate, and prepare HR invoices for payments;
- File tax reports and voluntary deduction reports to Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (“OPERS”); Union affiliations; Deferred Compensation, etc.;
- Maintain files and supporting documentation of employee earnings and payroll deduction;
- Ensure timely payroll deduction payments to appropriate recipients;
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports to include, federal, state, and city tax reports, monthly unemployment, quarterly 941E Ohio wage report, monthly city and state tax payments, annual city and state reconciliation reports and W2 reports for city, state, and federal;
- Prepare vouchers and requested payroll related information for all Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Compensation situations;
- Provide assistance to the finance department in matters pertaining to payroll;
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for payroll functions;
- Assist in completing various HR and special projects as assigned;
- Provide assistance in effectively promoting and marketing CMHA’s training facilities;
- Assist in conducting new employee orientation sessions and arranging on-the-job training for new employees; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must be a skilled payroll administrator, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience;
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationships with internal and external customers;
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices;
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system;
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations as it pertains to payroll;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion information and to demonstrate a high level of professionalism;
- Detail orientation with strong organizational and communication skills;
- Strong PC skills including Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
OTHER: The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence, and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the CMHA auto liability policy. The incumbent may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)
- Full Cycle Payroll Processing: 3 years (Preferred)