Manhattan Mental Health Counseling is a thriving private mental health practice with two locations in Midtown Manhattan and Union Square. Our practice is composed of a team of licensed mental health counselors with multidisciplinary expertise including: mindfulness-based therapy, biofeedback, EMDR, art therapy and hypnotherapy.
We are a team of highly trained, friendly, and compassionate professionals, that believes that mental health is as important as physical health. Our mission is to help our clients build the tools needed to cope with a variety of mental health conditions, allowing them to pursue their dreams while living a balanced and healthy life.
As part of expansion we are looking for an experienced and motivated Medical Receptionist as described below.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills. Answer phone line, schedule appointments and match clients with therapists.
- Obtain clients' insurance information prior to all appointments.
- Enter appointment information accurately in our EHR.
- Follow up with therapists to monitor and offer new opening.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Data Entry. Stage and process data in various formats.
- Follows guidelines in a sensitive, yet assertive manner when assisting patients.
- Assist the CEO and Managing Director with other tasks as needed.
- Always safeguard and maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by company policy and HIPAA regulation.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Organized, task oriented, pays attention to detail, multitask and has a team spirit.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of medical terminology needed.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience serving in a client facing role.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Medical Receptionist: 5 years (Required)
- Brooklyn, NY 11223 (Required)