RESPONSIBILITIES AND POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Contract Manager, the successful candidate will primarily support commercial contracts for the provision of services and equipment for Siemens’ project businesses related to large power generation in North America. Areas of specific focus include instrumentation and controls, digitalization and cyber security. This position may be filled in Orlando, Florida or in Alpharetta, Georgia depending on the successful candidate’s location, experience and qualifications. The selected individual will perform a full range of contractual services throughout the entire contract management life cycle; including inception of early project development stages, the Request for Bid/Proposal phase, contract negotiation and execution, and providing limited contract support during the implementation and subsequent contract closure phases. The successful candidate will work independently and as a member of a regionally based multidisciplinary team concurrently engaged in multiple projects.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for a wide range of activities which include:
- Performing a full spectrum of common contract management duties;
- Applying advanced skills to identify and independently resolve complex problems related to contract language, procedures and practices;
- Providing advice/recommendation and interpretation of contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure to the applicable management team;
- Consulting with the applicable management team regarding implementation concerns including amendments and settlements;
- Verifying contract compliance with Siemens’ Limits of Authority Process and summarizing risks for management review and approval;
- Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating contracts and contract modifications to achieve acceptable levels of risk in a highly competitive market environment;
- Effectively and positively representing the company in discussions with highly experienced customers, customer counsel and lenders from the North American Energy market;
- Performing as a lead member in a multi-disciplined negotiation team consisting of personnel from Legal, Sales, Marketing, Proposals, Engineering and Project Implementation.
- Analyzing customer’s contractual terms and conditions and recommending innovative approaches to contract requirements, obligations and risk exposures;
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including: equipment sale/installation, consortium agreements, turnkey agreements, exclusivity agreements, settlement agreements, master/frame/alliance agreements, parts/service agreements, modification and upgrade agreements, long term parts/services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, letter agreements, memorandum of understandings, changes to existing agreements, re-negotiations of existing contracts, claim management and other contractual documents;
- Ensuring all bids/contracts comply with Siemens Energy Limits of Authority (LOA) directives and related business specific policies; &
- Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering focus, required.
- Advanced degree in Business or Law not required but considered beneficial.
- Ten (10) plus years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and experience in the Corporate / Commercial Power Generation / Energy environment.
- Eight (8) plus years of contract management / transactional experience in a related field with large complex project and/or services provisions, as described herein.
- Demonstrated success of handling complex high dollar contracts specific to the sale of complex, manufactured goods, installation and maintenance services, long term parts/services, and engineering, procurement and construction(EPC or turnkey) agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Legal business practices and concerns related to contract and claim management, and the contractual and commercial aspects of software licensing, digital or IT services, and cyber security matters.
- Demonstrated abilities to formulate logical approaches and make effective recommendations to address complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong negotiations skills with the ability to effectively lead or support a matrixed negotiating team consisting of Legal, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Proposals, and Project Implementation personnel.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and generate team consensus to move forward; this also includes meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of stakeholders. Communicate consistent contractual positions and persuade other parties to accept the fairness of Siemens’ position.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and concerns.
- Possess and apply the technical aptitude necessary to successfully understand and coordinate inclusion of contractual and technical topics in complex contracts.
- Strong sense of prioritization and customer orientation is required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency with assigned tasks and their timely completion.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally estimated at twenty-five (25%) percent. Travel may at times be required on very short notice.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.