If you are an outgoing, positive and motivated individual, then come to work in an exciting industry for a great company. ALP Industries Inc. is a nationwide company with 16 sales offices located in the Eastern and Western United States. We are industrial distributors specializing in lifting products to help build America. Currently we have an immediate opening for a Rigger of wire rope and chain slings at our Carolina Chain & Cable branch located in Raleigh, NC.
You will be responsible for the work flow, fabrication, testing and quality control of our company product. It is essential that you can meet the delivery requirements with a customer first mentality, strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
Job Duties Include:
- Responsible for complying with safety policy with the understanding that safety is the top priority.
- Responsible for the fabrication of wire rope slings & bridles, chain slings & bridles and synthetic products.
- Assists with the work flow of the shop floor through prioritizing based on customer needs.
- Prepares orders for shipping and delivery and makes deliveries to local customers as needed.
- Able to perform and manage all functions of shipping and receiving of inventory.
- Responsible for receiving and storing inventory properly.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
Job Requirements Include:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clear DMV driving record.
- Must have the ability to be certified to operate a fork lift.
- Must be able to operate a gas powered chop saw
- Able to lift objects well over 45 pounds on a regular basis.
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic and communication skills required.
- Experience in a manufacturing construction industry a plus.
- Must have a GED or High School diploma.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Warehouse work requires the use of safety equipment, eye safety glasses, and steel toe work boots.
What We Offer:
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time: