Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Campus Programs, Event Planning & Logistics Coordinator
Capital One Dev Academy (CODA) is a robust and intensive six month coding training that prepares analytical, non-Computer Science majors for careers in software engineering. Associates will spend their first six months learning how to code and be equipped to develop their career in tech. The completion of CODA culminates with a direct path into a software engineering role in our Technology Development Program (TDP).
We are looking for an exceptional Program Coordinator to support our CODA associates and tech candidates as part of an “all-hands-on-deck” environment. Everyone fully commits to their responsibilities and is willing to pitch in and help wherever needed to create an amazing and holistic experience for program associates, prospective candidates, and stakeholders.
Why You Want This Job!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Impact. You will contribute to the overall success of Capital One by delivering a best in class development program for top college students and building a pipeline for long term staffing needs
- Challenge. Be challenged to create innovative ways to increase candidate volume, build our brand on campuses, and guarantee our associates an exceptional start to their career
- Great work environment. You can enjoy a fast paced and fun work environment where innovation is rewarded and where you can learn from talented coworkers
- Coordinate program events (fun events, speakers, catering orders, calendar invites, room blocks, etc.)
- Develop logistics strategy and own event execution for CODA initiatives
- For our associate onboarding experience: partner with key program stakeholders to support and facilitate the campus hire onboarding process, oversee travel and hotel accommodations for associates, own event details - from Yapp app to name tags - to build a great associate experience, and own logistics for key events
- Coordinate logistics for early engagement and recruiting events
- Partner with recruiting to coordinate logistics for our tech campus hire pipeline
- Own data analysis and tracking – including tracking and owning the program budget, and tracking associate data
- Enthusiastically build and manage relationships with team members, CODA associates, recruiting stakeholders, and tech leaders across a range of levels, business functions, and geographies
- Work closely with a collaborative and awesome team (we’re biased, but really), and be willing to pitch in and help wherever needed
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of project management experience or at least 1 year of process management experience or at least 1 year of corporate event planning or at least 1 year of administrative experience or a combination
- At least 2 years of corporate event planning experience or project management experience
- Experience working at a technology company
- Experience working in a human resource role
- Experience interpreting metrics, trends, and survey data
- Experience working with Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.