Are you a leader who is up to the challenge of a being a trusted business advisor and influencing business strategy at one of the premier consulting firms in the world? If you have experience with the complete FAR lifecycle and are interested in providing support to mission critical Federal government activities, Deloitte’s Federal Contracts team is the place for you! Join our team of professionals in delivering integrated business solutions by successfully navigating the multiple dimensions of the Federal contracting landscape contributing to the success of our practice.
Demonstrated experience with managing contracts within U. S. State and Local Government and U. S. Higher Education regulations, and commercial contracting principles. Demonstrates expert proficiency in managing personal portfolio and advising account teams on contracts administration matters. Serves as a business advisor to account teams on all facets of contract administration activities and handles complex/strategic high value contractual matters that have a direct impact on Firm revenue generation and retention. Practices independent judgment and analysis of significant issues and identifies resolutions. Provides advisory level contracts support to account leadership that shapes and strengthens win strategies on U.S State, Local, and Higher Education engagements. In coordination with other stakeholders support strategic contract negotiations and ensure completion of various contract projects.
Reviews and analyzes contracts matters to ensure that they are understood and to inform team strategy. Compiles and analyzes contract related data; and maintains historical information and documentation. Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with peers, internal leadership, and clients. This position will require onsite support of projects in the Austin Texas area so interested candidates not in that locale will be required to travel
Work you’ll do
As a Contracts Manager within our team you will:
- Guide and coordinate proposal and award activities for assigned contracts. Provide guidance to internal teams relating to all phases of the contract lifecycle.
- Participate in team review of all contractual documents, coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation, and support the competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring contractual compliance.
- Independently conduct reviews of complex contract actions in all phases of the contract life cycle - develops and implement tactical action plans to address risks and opportunities.
- Maintain compliance and accuracy of the contracts administration for assigned portfolio.
- Develop skillset and knowledge to serve as a domain expert on selected areas related to assigned contracts - Serve as the group SME for a selected acquisition/Contracting Topics
- Monitor assigned contracts portfolios (to include pipeline and contract performance) to identify risk areas and opportunities to maximize revenue creation and retention.
- Manage individual workload to ensure the timely and compliant accomplishment of project deadlines and completes accurate internal and external client deliverables.
- Collaborate with other enabling areas to address complex contracts administration and proposal challenges
- Performs contract data entry into various systems and monitors data updates. Resolve discrepancies related to contract documents and ensures data quality and accuracy
- Track and effectively communicate the key issues and status of contracts portfolio relative to contract requirements
- Actively share lessons learned to facilitate knowledge sharing within team and larger organization.
- Monitor and ensure engagement team compliance and delivery of contract obligations, including required reporting, audits, deliverables, and other obligations
- Perform sother job-related duties as assigned.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
The Federal Enabling Areas team provides top notch support to Deloitte’s internal business units by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple contract types supporting the State, Local, and/or Higher Education clients
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple contract types (e.g. CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP/LOE, T&M, FFP) and solicitation types (e.g. FAR Parts 8, 15, and 16)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to operate in a demanding executive level environment
- Experience managing complex contracts with the State of Texas
How you’ll grow
- Experience supporting State Local and Higher Education clients
- Masters Certificate
- NCMA: CFCM or CCCM
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.