Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
General Job Description
- Performs independent high-level design of enterprise application systems. Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
- Works closely with systems users in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns for complex projects. Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Generates a set of acceptance test requirements for complex systems, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- May participate in business development activities.
- Works closely with project manager to break down development tasks, estimate effort and schedule assignments.
- Conducts code reviews, assists with 508 accessibility compliance testing and vulnerability testing.
- Assigns tasks and balances assignments.
- Conducts feasibility evaluations.
- Builds screens and integrates with the backend
- Possess a proven track record of leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to consistently apply quality and security standards
- Proven experience building Java-based solutions
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Software Development Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and Hybrid models)
- Experience with testing tolls, unit, integration test scripting and testing methodologies
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, determining causes of errors and drive problem resolution
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders in a program such as team members, leadership and customers as well as end users
- Understanding of project scheduling and the ability to drive task completion
Education and Years of Experience
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Java, JEE, Spring Framework, Junit, JSON, XML, SQL, Eclipse
- In-depth knowledge of relation data base systems including data modeling concepts, ERD design and development
- Excellent programming skills with JAVA, J2EE, Servlets, JSP/JSF, Hibernate
- SOAP, XML, XSD
- PS/SQL, Oracle 11g+
- UML, Data Modeling, JBoss
- Microsoft Office Products
- Oracle database knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- enterprise application systems: 8 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement