BluePearl Veterinary Partners is looking for an exceptional Veterinary Sales Representative for our hospital in Northfield, IL.
Are you experienced in pharmaceutical/medical/dental sales?
Do you love to build strong customer relationships?
Do you have superior follow through skills?
This opportunity is all about building and fostering relationships in our referring community. If this is something that you are an expert in, we want to hear from you.
The Veterinary Sales Representative’s role is to act as the primary growth engine to drive referral consults. You will accomplish this by owning outbound communications and activities to a broad range of primary care veterinarians (pDVMs). In this position, you will develop strategic relationships with pDVMs in key feeder markets for developing consult patterns by utilizing visits, marketing materials, and continuing education programs. You will exude a motivation to building rapport through awareness and anticipating pDVM needs in order to meet hospital(s) goals. This position is a 100% salary, with no commission plan. This person is responsible for building relationships with the pDVM in the Northfield, IL market.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for developing, building and maintaining pDVM relationships through on-site visits, CE programs, email and fax campaigns, and more.
- Completes all territory objectives including achieving consult plan while operating within specified expense budget.
- Provide comprehensive knowledge of our services and specialists to the veterinary community.
- Account management by keeping current territory records concerning activities; communicates timely, accurately and meaningfully with Vet Relations Manager and others as required utilizing computer, written and phone communications resources effectively. Seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business.
- Responsible for knowing territory markets and hospitals, market potentials, and keeping current on changes that are taking place in these markets.
- Acts as key liaison with local veterinary medical associations and other business and professional associations in the territory.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing market-specific plans to meet goals.
- Ensures flawless communication between pDVMs to hospital team.
- Responds to and consistently meets the inquiry needs of pDVMs.
- Identifies ways to increase efficiencies or improve processes.
- Knowledgeable of all happenings in the practice and in market including hospital services and new competition.
- Follows and upholds organization expectations including policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and strategy.
- Politely gives consistent, timely and accurate information and finds answer when unsure.
- Projects warmth and enthusiasm in person and on the phone; builds rapport to strengthen relationships and encourages consult growth.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Who are we?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in veterinary medicine or veterinary pharmaceutical sales
- Related industry experience preferred
We grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.