NovaLaw is a highly selective firm that provides complete back-office and business process support for our parent company, Rimon Law, a cutting edge, international law firm that combines the dynamic client service, teamwork and agility of a high-end boutique law firm with the deep multidisciplinary experience of a large global firm. We are currently seeking to hire a Controller, capable of practicing at the highest level. This is a work-from-home/remote position. The Controller position reports directly to the COO and outside CFO. You will work with a dynamic team as you guide the firm in its financials and accounting processes.
- Manage all functions of the Accounting Department – billing, disbursement, collection, reporting, and payroll.
- Responsible for cash flow management and forecasting.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual tax planning.
- Financial Statements, Income Tax and Benefit Plan Reporting: Work with Firm's outside tax preparer and employee benefit plans' accountants to ensure the Firm's reviewed financial statements, tax returns and employee benefit plan audits are filed in a timely manner.
- Manage Firm’s banking relationship.
- Prepare Firm's business license, property and use tax filing. Handle all tax and business license, 401k Plan, Insurance audits.
- Annual Budget: Work with Practice Group leaders and administrative department heads to develop the annual financial forecast for the Firm. Monthly review of operation results against budget to identify problems/issues of the Firm.
- Financial Reporting: Review and approve daily, weekly and monthly financial reports and statements.
- Analyze expenses of the Firm, identify cost cutting & process improvement opportunities and make recommendations.
- Analyze individual timekeeper and Practice Groups productivity and realization.
- Manage Firm origination credit
- Mentor/manage staff
- CPA preferred. Must be very knowledgeable with basic accounting transactions and be willing and able to train staff accordingly
- Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and general understanding of various connecting applications such as time-tracking, billing and payroll. Knowledgeable with current technology
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive financial leadership position within a professional services firm
- Familiar with partnership accounting and taxation
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- controller: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts