We’re on a mission to create a world where people love their work—and we’re doing it in jeans.
Help us make life-changing products and show us up in the office Ping-Pong rankings.
Roadtrip Nation seeks an Information Technology Support Specialist to join a cross-disciplinary team that thrives on impact, collaboration, and drinking ridiculous amounts of fancy coffee.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing day to day end-user support to the employees of Roadtrip Nation, who are both local and remote. This role requires being a proactive and analytical problem-solver as well as assisting in projects and application of new processes, products and services. This role also requires strong customer service skills and an appetite for innovative, new approaches to IT support.
- Provide end user support to company employees (desk-side and remote), assisting with hardware and software usage, network and device connectivity, server access, etc.
- Assist employees with software installs and updates
- Resolve A/V issues with conference room equipment (projectors, voice and video conferencing equipment, etc.)
- Document all support issues in ticketing system and update IT knowledge base
- Assist with asset management and inventory tracking
- Serve as IT point of contact for employee onboarding and offboarding (create and remove accounts, obtain/configure and recover equipment, provide IT instruction on first day, etc.)
- Assist users with IP phone system and troubleshoot any issues
- Support various cloud-based applications (Google Apps, Office 365, Zoom, Jira)
- Perform user account management via on-premise and cloud-based directory services (LDAP, OpenDirectory, Active Directory, JumpCloud, etc.)
- 2-3 years of experience supporting hosted applications (e.g. G Suite, Office 365, Adobe, etc.) as well as training employees on their use
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a similar role, or a combination of experience and education
- 2-3 years of experience working with macOS, Windows 7/8/10, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Proficiency with basic TCP/IP networking
- Deep understanding of iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- PC Hardware installation and troubleshooting
- 2+ years’ experience with direct end-user support
- Proficiency with Remote Desktop Services such as Microsoft
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Network and telephony cabling (basic)
- Experience supporting VoIP phone systems
- Experience supporting remote users
- Deep understanding of A/V conferencing technology
- Experience utilizing an internal ticketing system
- Fibre Channel SAN and Ethernet NAS systems, including storage servers and devices, switches, and clients
- Mobile Device Management
- Proficiency with Mac OS X Command Line and SSH
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- IT certifications such as MCSA, A+ or similar
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 35 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 am- 6 pm (onsite at our HQ’s in Costa Mesa, Ca). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
About Roadtrip Nation
70% of Americans are unhappy with their work, and Roadtrip Nation has charged itself with finding a solution. You could call us a career exploration organization, but we do things a little differently. We don’t just tell people what they should do; we help them find what they love to do—and we do it through travel and storytelling. (Hence those green RVs you see splashed on our website that maaaaybe made you think we sell recreational vehicles.)
From our TV show that reaches 70 million households annually, to our educational tools that’ve helped 8 million students learn more about themselves and the world, we create products that empower people to get more out of work than just a paycheck. On a typical day, you can find us mid-brainstorm scrawling (sometimes incoherent) ideas on white boards, or huddling around a Photoshop file oohing and ahhing. Of course, there's always time for fun. From hitting the beach at lunch to emailing each other important info in the form of memes, we know play isn’t just a distraction—it’s an imperative.
If you think you’d fit in well with us, we’d love to meet you!
In order to successfully submit your external application through our Careers page there are a couple things to be mindful of:
- Your browser - Internet Explorer is not compatible 100% of the time since it is no longer providing updates. If you can, log on using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Latency issues - Delete your browser cache and/or cookies, or reset your browser