The Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA) Faculty will instruct students to build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at A) passing the state licensing exam; and B) being emotionally prepared to work in a facility.
Travel and accommodation costs are considered
- Be a registered nurse in Illinois
- Have a minimum of one year of nursing experience in a LTCF and one year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing, OR
- Have two years of full-time experience as a licensed nurse, one of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a SNF, ICF, or ICF-DD (Developmentally Disabled) or ICF-DDN (Developmentally Disabled Nursing)
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic, good public speaker
- Patient, confident, compassionate, flexible, positive attitude
- Product advocate, committed to students’ success, can understand students’ motivations
- Ability to direct and pace interaction with the class, uses humor effectively
- Can read audience and adjust accordingly
- Teach Certified Nurse Aid training program using the course curriculum in conjunction with training on the required skills assessment in the clinical lab setting.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained.
- Apply knowledge of the fundamentals of the nursing process, the standards of care, and sound decision making and judgement in educational activities involving all levels of patient care personnel within the nurse aide training program.
- Make learning engaging for students, including facilitating class discussions and skills instruction.
- Set student expectations and communicate clearly with students.
- Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care.
- Utilize technology (learning management system) to manage the class and student progress
- Ensure students are keeping up with curriculum and mastering assignments.
- Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules, course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content and exam pass rates.
- Assist students in resolving technical issues
- Assist students in registering for the state CNA Licensing Exam
Travel nurses are welcome!
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $7,500.00 per month
- nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Instructor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Long Term Care: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused