About the Company
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the role:
Launched in June 2020, the GuardantINFORM real world evidence platform is intended to help accelerate research and development of the next generation of cancer therapeutics by offering biopharma partners an in-silico platform that combines de-identified longitudinal clinical information and genomic data collected from the Guardant360® liquid biopsy test —over 100,000 tests to date. This robust dataset offers real-world insights into anti-cancer therapy use in the clinic, tumor evolution, and treatment resistance throughout each patient’s treatment journey for many advanced solid tumor cancers including non-small cell lung, breast, colon, and prostate. The most notable applications for the GuardantINFORM platform include targeted drug development, clinical trial optimization and post-marketing studies.
In this role, you’ll be an integral contributor to the development and delivery of real-world evidence-based solutions within Guardant Health’s Biopharma team. You will work in a highly cross functional role across our BioPharma, Medical Affairs, Bioinformatics, IT, Product and other internal teams, as well as with external partners, to advance scientific understanding and improve patient outcomes through the deployment of real-world evidence.
Working in a collaborative but independent manner, you will oversee all aspects of real-world evidence studies from development to execution. You will serve as a primary contact for biopharma partners and other external collaborators as well as internal stakeholders. You will also serve as a driver of product strategy by identifying and pursuing technology and data partnerships to advance Guardant’s capabilities.
- Work closely with drug development companies to build strategic partnerships leveraging Guardant INFORM platform.
- Guide and educate potential partners, whether in discovery, translational oncology, clinical development or commercial teams, from the basics to fully fledged partnerships using the Guardant INFORM platform for R&D, clinical trials, and drug commercialization.
- Help shape business development strategy and marketing for Guardant INFORM.
- You have 7+ years relevant experience in technology, data, healthcare and/or consulting and have a passion for using data and technology to advance science and benefit patients. Ideally, you are familiar with drug development.
- You have a passion and aptitude for creative problem-solving.
- You enjoy taking a “hands on” approach in doing the necessary work to drive success.
- You have great written and oral communications skills, and you are comfortable working in a client-facing role.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- You are entrepreneurial, self-starting, and proactive, but also work with the team to bring the best of the company to a customer.
- You’ve developed and closed successful collaborations, and brought in repeat business from multiple customers.
- You have an existing network across our BioPharma customer base, and beyond which you can access and call upon when needed.
- You are able to tease apart customers’ needs and motivations, and can successfully influence them.
- You are motivated to grow the business, not just your patch, and see the broader team succeed. You are able to prioritize and focus on the important, not just the urgent.
- Put the patient first: Imagine all patients as family members.
- Be open: At their best in an environment of transparency and frank conversation fostered by shared trust and respect.
- Be bold and original: Does not blindly following status quo but has a focus on breakthrough innovations.
- Moves fast without compromising quality: Understands that every minute wasted means falling behind cancer’s relentless march.
- Focus on impact: To maximize their success, not only works harder, but also smarter. Prioritizes the important, not the urgent.
B.A. or B.S., and an advanced degree, MBA, MD or Ph.D. is ideal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.