Denka Performance Elastomer LLC (DPE) has a current opening for a Sr. Mechanical Reliability Engineer in our Neoprene Plant at the Pontchartrain facility located in LaPlace, Louisiana. This position reports to the Maintenance and Reliability Manager and is responsible for developing and maintaining programs and systems which consistently shift the maintenance and operation of the site’s facilities to a more proactive, data-driven, and condition-based asset management approach. A balanced skill-set for Reliability Engineers is encouraged with a mix of a solid engineering background, good overall background in reliability and maintenance and years of practical experience. Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis of CMMS and equipment performance data is valuable in order to prioritize our efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform work in compliance with all applicable company, federal, and local safety and environmental regulations, guidelines and policies
- Develop a reliability and maintainability plan with measurable goals. Develop also a replacement plan for equipment based on the equipment criticality reviews and findings from inspections.
- Work with plant's structural integrity inspectors group to ensure appropriate inspection technologies are being used and assess the quality of inspection plans. Use Risk Based Inspection (RBI) methodologies to determine appropriate inspection intervals
- Review inspection reports and analyze data to determine fitness for service, quality of inspection, appropriate inspection interval, etc.
- Perform failure mode and effect analysis to develop appropriate equipment maintenance plans to include equipment checks and Preventive & Predictive Maintenance (PPM)
- Define and implement reliability strategies and best engineering practices.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for equipment and systems by providing technical leadership, expertise and support to our maintenance mechanics.
- Implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles including: preventive/predictive maintenance programs, analyzing life cycle costs, evaluating machine and process data (e.g., vibration monitoring and oil analysis) and performing failure modes analysis for existing and new assets.
- Identify and lead cost reduction opportunities through extended parts life, reduced labor cost and other maintenance improvement initiatives.
- Resolve complex technical issues arising from our operations and requiring coordination with other teams within our organization.
- Assess & develop the capabilities of our mechanics in their roles of reliability improvement and MIQA.
- Define Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) trigger criteria, conduct these RCFAs and implement corrective and improvement plans resulting from them.
- Analyze data (failure, cost, Uptime, etc) using appropriate reliability analysis tools to develop & implement improvement plans.
- Perform physical failure analysis. Teach physical failure analysis & evidence preservation techniques.
- Work with plant engineering, purchasing and plant's stores organizations to develop & execute appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) practices. Assess effectiveness of QA practices.
- S. in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering degree with functional and hands on experience. Master of Science degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in maintenance, engineering or operations.
- 5+ years of experience in a Process Safety Management (PSM) environment.
- Knowledge of control systems and process instrumentation is a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines, such as, ASME, Baseline Guides, and CFR’s preferred.
- Reliability engineering certification is a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified / Lean Manufacturing Methodology Knowledge are preferred qualifications.
- Capable of writing mechanical design packages for highly hazardous chemical processes.
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn principles and techniques including:
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Weibull Analysis
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Maintenance and reliability best practices
- Predictive techniques for fixed, rotating, power distribution equipment and instrumentation e.g. vibration analysis, nondestructive testing, thermography, etc.
- Fixed equipment diagnostic technologies
- Demonstrated technical leadership and project management.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and all basic software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel 10+% of the time
- Strong team player. Able to collaborate effectively on complex projects.
DPE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Job Type: Full-time