We're seeking experienced OPM Background Investigators to join our professional team in the Washington DC / NOVA / MD metro area. Investigators will support national security and suitability investigations, focusing on performing background investigations on behalf of government clients. Potomac Management offers competitive compensation with realistic service unit goals and a team environment. We value our Investigators and what they bring to our organization and the mission objectives they help to accomplish. Join a company where you're not just a number and career development is integral to your success.
Minimum Qualifications for Background Investigator:
Essential Functions of Background Investigator:
- Must have completed an approved OPM/National Training Standards (NTS) investigator program.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience performing background investigations for OPM.
- Must be at least 18 yrs of age and a US Citizen.
- Active SSBI or Secret level security clearance based on SSBI.
- Ability to work remotely and travel w/reliable vehicle, valid driver's license & clean driving record.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (relevant years of experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to build rapport with new people.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions.
- Ability to identify, understand and apply federal/state/local regulations/laws regarding investigations.
- Conduct interviews, retrieve records, conduct research and prepare reports of investigation in compliance with federal standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the applicant, neighbors, coworkers, friends and associates.
- Complete record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouses, mental health, financial and educational institutions.
- Compile information in a clear, concise report that help determine employment suitability and security clearance eligibility via a standardized reporting format (in accordance with investigative standards).
- Meet quality, timeliness, and production metrics for all work assigned in rapid, time sensitive setting.
- Interact with team leader and case review officers to ensure thoroughness of investigations.
- Additional duties or specific tasks may be assigned and functions may be modified, according to necessity to achieve business objectives.
Experienced Background Investigators who take pride in their work and want to be appreciated for their efforts are encouraged to contact us! If you fit this description and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume online today. For more information, email email@example.com. If you do not find interest, but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual by sharing this opportunity.
Potomac Management Solutions, LLC (PMS), specializes in Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Health Systems Management and Federal Law Enforcement Services Support. We understand the fundamental components of government management – transforming mission objectives into programs that efficiently support contract operations and deliver government products/services, all within or below the assigned fiduciary allotment. With over 25 years of combined experience, Potomac Management Solutions, an 8(a) Minority, Woman-owned Small Business, brings proven and trusted solutions to agency mission objectives.
In conformity with applicable laws, Potomac Management Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, a Vietnam Era veteran, a veteran who has served on active duty for which a campaign badge was authorized, or a newly separated veteran.