Job Description: Data Entry Specialist
Provides administrative, clerical and logistical support for the Community Based Alternatives program (CBA) / Primary Home Care program (PHC) in the service area in which he/she is assigned. Tasks involve data entry of all client referral/admission information, service plan documentation and attendant employment information. Also, he/she is responsible for timely response of paper work to regional TDHS staff. Provides administrative support to the RN Supervisor and Field Supervisor to ensure high quality of service delivery and client.
Data Entry Operations 50%
- Inputs all admission/referral information, initial assessments, and Individualized Service Plans (ISP) into the computer system.
- Ensures that Attendant Care Level and Disaster Triage Level coding is entered in the computer system.
- Ensures that all Standards Data is entered in the computer system for each client.
- Ensures that client Diagnosis Data is entered in the computer system, as needed.
- Sets up and maintains client service plans, attendant schedules and employment information.
- Tracks and monitors CBA assessments, and coordinates with the RN Supervisor for timely submission of reassessment documentation.
- Enters all updated service plan information and ensures all appropriate paperwork is submitted by RN.
- Enters all Form 3671 and attachment(s) received from TDHS to coordinate service plan changes.
- Processes and enters Form 3040 – Supervisory/Orientation Visit, Assessment/Reassessment documentation, and skilled notes in the appropriate category in the computer system.
- Enters client suspension(s) information in the computer system.
Administrative Support Operations 50%
- Ensures timely response of approval packet to TDHS.
- Prepares and maintains all new client records according to agency procedure.
- Maintains all active client records according to agency procedure.
- Ensures that all filing is completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Informs Case Manager of all new referrals in her service region.
- Coordinates paperwork to the appropriate departments correctly and timely
- Coordinates paperwork to RN supervisor and Field Supervisor regarding all new/transfer cases.
- Maintains a current roster of clients in assigned service region.
- Communicates to supervisor any service delivery information (i.e., service plan updates, possible service breaks, client terminations, etc.) as soon as available.
- Coordinates with supervisor any discrepancies concerning service plan information.
- Communicates to the appropriate supervisor information needed to sufficiently resolve problems/complaints.
- Informs RN supervisor of any updates regarding TDHS service requirements.
- Provides continual information to Assistant Administrator, DON and Case Manager regarding timely, ethical and quality of services.
- Understands, adheres to, and performs all duties in accordance with established agency policy.
- Attends training seminars, workshops and other educational activities in an effort to keep abreast of new developments and changes related to the billing/reimbursement process. Education
- Education, Previous Work Experience, Skills/Abilities and General Requirements for position
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated from high school or received a Graduation Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.).
- Minimum of one (1) year’s experience in an administrative/clerical position, preferably in a health care setting.
- Working knowledge of CBA / PHC program preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Possess a general knowledge of computers.
- Able to operate an 10-key adding machine accurately, preferably by touch.
- Possess well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to organize work and schedule effectively.
- Be willing and able to foster the TEAM philosophy and continuous quality improvement applications.
- Have the ability to operate office equipment such as computers, copiers, phone systems, adding machines and fax machines
- Have the ability to motivate others in a positive manner.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Must be able to pass a background check which will include a criminal history check and OIG
- Must be willing to submit and be able to pass, random drug screening tests at any time.
- Must have a dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license and current vehicular insurance in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the State of Texas.
Risk Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens): Low risk
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on an as required basis.
- Ability to work for an extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- general office in a health care setting: 1 year
- general office or clerical: 1 year