The staff accountant must have experience managing multiple books.
The staff accountant will prepare, fill and maintain the financial statements, balance sheets, payments and account records and other files related with auditing and budgeting. They will also assess and measure the company profit and loss rate and forecast the budget for management.
- Implement the statutes on accounting standards and keep abreast of developments in the industry.
- Implement the company’s general ledger system, whether automated or manual.
- Keep track and journalize all moneys that come in and come out of the company and report in the form of cash flow statements.
- Maintain a record of corporate assets and liabilities as well as merchandising inventories to allow for an accurate balance sheet statement every period.
- Prepare the company’s end of fiscal year income statements for audit and tax purposes.
- Compute and prepare the proper tax payments.
- Assist the SVP in preparing the annual operating and capital expense budgets.
- Provide SVP with regular reports on the financial health of the company.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Must have experience working with multiple entities within a company or managing multiple books.
- Financial Reporting experience.
- Consolidation experience.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must pass civil and criminal background and drug test investigation.
- QuickBooks experience is a plus
- Auditing experience is a plus.
Candidates with construction or real estate development backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Reconciliation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Managing Multiple Books: 1 year (Required)
- Financial Analysis: 2 years (Preferred)