BMW in Northeast Ohio has a rare open position for a well-qualified General Manager.
Not just a top performer in sales, this candidate must be a true professionalwith top-tier management skills, know how to work with a large team, and truly manage each aspect of the dealership.
Do you have what it takes?
If you cannot answer that question confidently, please do not apply.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations of the dealership and ensure sustainability of dealership profitability
- Strategize with sales managers to plan and implement objectives for achieving sales and gross profits
- Possess a high passion for customer retention and CSI above market standards and zone averages
- Ethical and transparent in leading all operations
- Ability to attract, develop and maintain key talent through exceptional leadership skills.
- Create a positive working environment and sales culture
- Manage department managers through coaching and guidance practices
- Coordinate with the business office to ensure records and analysis are accurate
- Hire all management positions, oversees training, complete performance evaluations regularly, and develop short and long-term goals for each department manager.
- Plan and develop short and long-term goals/objectives working hand in hand with corporate management for successful execution.
- Effectively communicate with the department managers on a weekly basis to review departmental forecast to actuals in order to ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Maintain flawless attention to detail regarding management actions and operations to ensure operational success. This may include the ability to determine a timely corrective course of action regarding the attainment of objectives.
- Oversee and direct the education and enforcement/compliance of all dealership policies and procedures.
- Create and manage the monthly revenue, advertising, and expense structure to ensure the dealership remains healthy and profitable.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with lenders, vendors and manufacturer personnel.
- Mentors, coaches, and leads all employees in order to maintain an enthusiastic attitude to establish positive employee engagement.
- Ensure a culture is in place to minimize customer complaints and manage a resolution process to quickly resolve customer concerns in a manner that drives customer satisfaction.
General Manager Qualifications:
- Possess more than five years of automotive sales management experience, preferred
- Possess more than four years of dealership general manager experience, required
- Possess a working knowledge of automotive systems like DealerSocket, Reynolds and Reynolds, vAuto, etc.
- A minimum of five years in supervisory roles, to include experience in dealership sales and/or management of the fixed operations departments.
- Demonstrate proven strong leadership and organizational skills to include the ability to manage large and diverse teams.
- The ability to understand profit and loss statements, to include financial statement analysis
- Must possess strong communication skills that are innovative and impactful in order to drive a culture of customer service focus and positive employee engagement.
Wages are competitive and flexible upon finding the right candidate.
If you are interested in this long term opportunity to continue the growth of a strong dealership, please apply via Indeed.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dealership General Management: 2 years (Required)
- Luxury Brand: 1 year (Required)