Under direct supervision, the Page shelves and maintains library materials in proper order and assists with other related duties as assigned.
- Sorts and shelves books and other library materials.
- Ensures maintenance of shelves, shifts and straightens materials as needed.
- Packages materials for delivery to other libraries.
- Retrieves materials for patrons upon request.
- Assists with daily opening and closing of the library.
- Assists patrons with carrying books and other materials as needed.
- In the absence of maintenance staff, assists in cleaning messes made by patrons, shoveling snow, and spreading salt.
- One to two years of related work experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to arrange items into alphanumeric and/or subject order.
- Establishing and maintaining good customer relations with internal and/or external “customers”.
- Use of general office equipment.
- Work attendance will be considered
- Hours: 20 hours per week, including evenings & weekends
Starting Pay rate: $8.91 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.91 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- One location
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education