Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Bering Straits Information Technologies is currently seeking a Windows Server Infrastructure Administrator to work with our government client located in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting server infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. Handles routine aspects of server administration for Windows and VMware server environments which including monitoring of CPU/Disk, maintenance, troubleshooting, hardware/software installation, and system documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Support development; operations and maintenance; engineering and architecture design; integration; and testing services of Windows Server Environment for physical and virtual servers.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of servers and applications to ensure their ongoing availability, stability, and compliance with standards and security requirements
- Administer, run, and maintain clients Windows server infrastructure in production, dev and test environments.
- Strong ability to install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of disaster recovery plans for servers.
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately.
- Provides technology related recommendations, implementations and upgrades.
- Documents the enterprise backup environment(s) and develops related documents as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education, military and/or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Server IT support/administration experience.
- ITIL V3 foundations certification preferred (Not Required).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred (Not Required)
- Comptia Server+
- Hands on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
- VMware ESXi 5.x
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 & up)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 & up)
- Microsoft Active Directory, including group-policy
- Server administration skills equivalent to or including Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center
- Ipswitch MOVEit Managed File Transfer/SFTP (or similar solution)
- BeyondTrust PowerBroker (or similar solution)
- Backup and disaster recovery technologies
- File and Print services
- Anti-Virus implementation and monitoring
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong customer relations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot technical problems
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)
BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at
www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.
# of Vacancies