Alliant Health Group is a family of companies that provides professional services supporting the effective administration of healthcare programs and funding to support healthcare improvement initiatives. Alliant Health Solutions provides Federal and state government entities with the services, expertise and information systems necessary to increase the effectiveness, accessibility and value of health care. The Company has been named a Best Place to Work for 2017, 2018 and 2019 by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
The Quality Advisor is a member of a professional multi-disciplinary team responsible for supporting successful local and statewide initiatives, influencing positive change within the health care community, and accomplishing the objectives of the QIN-QIO contract. The Quality Advisor is responsible for driving improvements at the local level among the healthcare provider community including nursing homes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Engage beneficiaries, caregivers, providers and partners to improve health care quality at the local level
- Engage nursing home providers on quality improvement tasks based upon needs identified as outlined in CMS task order
- Facilitate meetings and discussions to generate dialogue about improving care in the skilled nursing home setting
- Collaborate with skilled nursing homes to develop data-driven quality improvement methodologies
- Work closely with Senior Quality Advisors and Program Directors, as required, to enhance project activity
- Practice and promote rapid cycle improvement techniques in daily work
- Provide continuous follow-up with skilled nursing homes to ensure timeliness of any assigned Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Document key project information within twenty-four hours into the CMS application (DARRT), SalesForce or other AHS designated systems as applicable
- Maintain accurate time tracking for all work activities in DELTEK and other applications as designated by AHS
- Other tasks, projects and duties as assigned and/or outlined within CMS 12th SOW Contract
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
- Knowledge and experience with quality improvement methodology
- Knowledge and experience with using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Ability to interpret data
- Experience in group facilitation using virtual method (i.e. WebEx)
- Ability to express ideas and convey information quickly and effectively in a verbal and written manner
- Ability to think creatively, analyze problems, and find innovative approaches to problem resolution
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision, yet able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented and self-directed, able to maintain confidentiality of information, work well with individuals at all levels, and be flexible in work assignments
- Ability to travel by car or plane to Company locations, customer meetings or other locations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Public Health, Health Education, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience in a long-term care setting or skilled nursing facility
- Minimum of five (5) years of quality improvement experience in a skilled nursing home, hospital or home health
- Training in project coordination, quality improvement methodology and cultural competency preferred
- Previous QIO experience preferred
- Previous experience telecommuting preferred
This position offers exceptional benefits and work/life balance.
Alliant Health Group and family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternative method for you to apply. Please contact 678-527-3000.