The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for facilitating training classes for Operations personnel; both new hire training and continuing education for existing team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Facilitate training classes for new hire employees and existing employees
- Develops curricula, course outlines, instructional methods, training aids, manuals, and other materials
- Deliver training in a classroom and online
- Evaluates and analyzes training needs
- Develop training materials, updates existing materials and procedures
- Monitor and tracks employee progress during training and lab including live call monitoring, adherence and providing feedback to the employee
- Answer employee questions, both in lab and on QQ when needed. Works with employees to resolve processing problems.
- Assist in the development of the training calendar and participating in focus and implementation groups
- Communicate to management regarding issues affecting the performance of the staff or customer satisfaction.
- Continuously consider process improvements and implement best practices
- Identify training needs and evaluate current training methods to maximize individual performance and unit flexibility
- Coach and provide leadership in team, daily support to team members with issues; motivates others to excel
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Require a high degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Effectively communicate within Policy Operations with other business partners and third parties
- Handles situations independent of a Manager with ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers. Has the ability to handle irate callers and escalated situations
- Provide superior service by delivering a WOW experience for both independent agents and VelaPoint Insurance customers
- Shares feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Effectively communicates through oral and written communication
- May be responsible for assisting in some training outside the department and/or Company when requested. This may include training at other call center sites within Operations.
- This role requires flexibility to travel up to 75% of working time during peak seasons
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3 years’ work related experience in Medicare insurance sales.
- Must possess strong facilitation skills in training development, curriculum design, course evaluations, and needs assessment
- Demonstrate expert quantitative/technical skills for analyzing quality results and offering feedback to improve results
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, diplomacy, and coaching/mentoring skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing and customer service functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Works independently with little supervision
- Ability to successfully complete HIPPA certification annually (Health)
- Demonstrate appropriate soft skills necessary for successfully supervising work unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Candidates must be customer-oriented and able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn
- Ability to multi-task and manage several systems on a daily basis
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- High degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Associates or Bachelor Degree, or equivalent leadership experience preferred
- 3+ years of in-classroom training facilitation
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Previous experience in insurance customer service with health, accident, life and any other supplemental health insurance products is preferred
- Active Health & Life License preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Do you have any Medicare experience?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Temporarily due to COVID-19