Reports To: Restaurant Management Team
Primary Responsibilities: The Assistant Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the unit’s operations. This includes assisting in the preparation of operational budgets, achieving sales and profit levels, maintenance of Famous Dave’s theme format and commitment to the company’s standards of excellence.
Secondary Responsibilities: To perform duties including, but not limited to answering the phone, bussing tables, line cooking, expediting orders or running food. In short, whatever it takes to support our team.
Specific Functions and Duties:
1. Constantly monitor the overall operations of the store that affect sales including customer satisfaction, food quality (taste and presentation), ambiance, cleanliness, décor and service standards.
2. Develop and monitor daily, weekly and annual sales projections.
3. Work with individual managers and support staff to seek out sales building opportunities.
4. Interact with Corporate staff to prepare and achieve weekly, monthly and annual profit plans as they relate to fixed and controlled expense.
5. Supervise, coach, counsel, praise, develop, train, recruit and recommend corrective action for all store employees.
6. Plan and conduct the departmental meetings.
7. Monitor the attitudes, morale and management effectiveness through direct contact with the co-managers and individual staff members and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
8. Work with the General Manager to oversee the accuracy of daily and weekly management duties such as reports, cash handling, daily deposits, overages/shortages, safe security, paid outs, inventory control and documentation, etc. Must be able to accurately count money and provide correct change.
9. Responsible for effectively running scheduled shifts.
10. Schedule departmental staff.
11. Oversee repairs and maintenance, cleaning supplies, vendor relations, registers, retail inventory, uniforms and manpower staffing requirements.
1. Minimum 2+years outside restaurant management work experience.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Integrity, honesty and intelligence.
4. Pride in personal appearance.
5. Successful background.
6. Strong drive and energy.
1. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to twelve (12) hours in length.
2. Must be able to move up and down stairs.
3. Must be able to lift pots and plans, trays, bus pans, cases of beer, boxes, materials weighing 40 pounds or more.
4. Must be able to taste all of our food to ensure quality.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time