Black Box / Gray Box Tester. Thoroughly understands the complete end-to-end functioning of a product from the customer perspective. Recognized product and domain matter expert who serves as a key resource to Software Engineering, Product Management, and Operations to understand the current functioning and proposed changes to product lines.
Responsible for helping define Business Requirements and Functional Requirements Documents Responsible for ensuring that software/hardware performs as documented and that it cannot be broken once it gets into the hands of the customer
Involved from the beginning of the design cycle to create the use cases that will drive product development. Frequently servers as the leader for feature team. Responsible for scheduling assigned tasks, and updating manager on progress. Completed tasks are of high quality. Tasks are completed within a reasonable, agreed upon time frame. Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are high quality.
Quality is defined as playing a leadership role in delivering high quality end-to-end customer experiences with a high degree of compliance with business/technical requirements. Influences an entire business or product line. Decisions have a profound impact on software equality.
- Write testing strategies, test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable problems to be recreated and well thought out workarounds for customer issues.
- Articulates Process Improvement suggestions and implementation approaches and plans. Information, Analysis and Recommendations to support team efforts.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for communicating any of the above.
- Can construct complete/thorough manual test cases based on test design and thorough knowledge of the product and its environment. Consistently ensures high quality, thorough manual test cases that fully exercise product functionality, but consume minimal resources.
- Effectively uses test automation to increase the thoroughness of testing.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes existing automated tests to exercise system
- Can act as “customer advocate” when investigating defects found in production. Champions’ customer requirements throughout the development process. Provides thorough review of product documentation to ensure it meets customer needs. Should be able to train others on the product and in testing. Can design tests to represent the customer experience, including but not limited to the subtler uses of the product as represented by ongoing customer feedback and interaction.
- Works with UX to construct usability tests. May be required to write, review, and/or approve requirements, user design documents, and other related documentation.
- Provides significant influence on Marketing requirements documents, reviews and gives feedback based on broad and deep product knowledge and understanding of customer issues. Must understand the business needs the product is trying to meet.
- Participates in Inspection/review processes for non code project deliverables relating to assigned components, especially at the requirements document level.
- Create work plans for individual and project efforts. Creates clearly documented personal and project goals, plans, designs and results and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes alternative approaches to meeting those objectives.
- Recognized expert for the product or product areafor other members of the organization.
Team / Leadership Skills
- Develops strong cooperative relationships with development and product management teams as well as technical support.Frequently provides leadership in teams tasked with driving product or process improvement. Act as liaison with Technical Support representatives to gather customer feedback and ensure/add to closing the loop with the customer on resolution of problems.
- Mentors team members and provide peer review of proposed UI designs.
- Resolves product functionality disagreements among team members. Intercede with UX and Marketing/PM as needed. Arbitrates disagreements and makes decisions while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Drives the adoption of product and process improvements throughout the SDLC.
- Coordinates cross-functional testing activities; keeps team up-to-date on projects.
- Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Suggests product and process improvements. Instrumental in the implementation of process improvements throughout the PD Group.
- Works closely with Product marketing/product management to ensure the product complies with the requirements.
- Contributes to end-to-end product testing strategy, focusing on the customer experience.
- Capable of leading teams of QA Analysts in support of SDLC activities
- Must have 3-5 years working Tax knowledge
- Software/hardware testing fundamentals including the concepts of both positive and negative testing. Hands on experience with representative technologies.
- Experience with software testing best practices from the industry and other organizations within the company.
- Must be strong black / gray box tester; should know automation
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle with an emphasis on those areas for which Quality Assurance is primarily responsible.
- Experience designing and interpreting process maps, root cause analysis, and other process improvement activities.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold. Applies that knowledge when developing test cases and throughout testing phase. Thoroughly understands all aspects of the product end-to-end from both customer and internal viewpoints.
- Must be able to perform risk analysis relating to defect fixes, SUs, and other related program changes at the project and program level.
- Ability to choose the best testing strategies for the current test effort.
- Effectively Influence others to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned deliverables(s).
- Understands the relationships between ""owned"" components and those with which they interface.
- Capable of assisting with cross-component dependency analysis.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)