The Senior Credit Analyst provides expert support to the Bank’s lending function along with facilitating key loan portfolio management objectives. This position performs highly technical credit and financial statement analysis utilized in the underwriting of new commercial loan requests, renewals of open-end commercial lines of credit, and ongoing financial reviews for the Bank’s most complex customer relationships. This position also advises the Senior Credit Officer in the use of Joint Credit Officer Loan Authority. The Senior Credit Analyst may also be granted a certain level of Joint Credit Officer Loan Authority from the Board of Directors. This position also offers expert advice and guidance to the documentation and credit services area within the Corporate Banking Department.
A secondary function of this position is to perform various loan portfolio management processes including preparation of the Bank’s ALLL, monthly Board of Director loan information reports, classified loan administration, various concentration and stress test analysis, along with other necessary portfolio management directives.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Corporate Banking loan analyses for new credit requests, including spreading financial statements, completing or updating the various component of a Credit Approval Memorandum (CAM) including Exposure Summaries, Term Sheets, Cash Flow Worksheets, etc.
- Compose the narrative analysis for credit requests where appropriate based on the size and complexity of the transaction or relationship
- Effective assessment of:
- Customer’s background and management capabilities
- Customer’s products or services, industry outlook, and competition
- Customer’s financing history
- Customer’s and guarantor’s financial capacity
- Propose proper structure and underwriting of loan requests
- Work directly with lenders to ensure a thorough understanding of the credit underwriting requirements for each loan request
- Analysis of financial statements and related information (including ratio and trend analysis) to determine borrower’s financial condition and repayment capacity
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of the valuation of collateral security
- Consideration of the structure and feasibility of loan request
- Identification of key risk elements within loan transactions
- Determination of the strengths, weaknesses, and mitigants
- Spread new financial information received on existing credit relationships and update analysis to assist lenders with annual loan risk rating reviews
- Prepare financial documentation for review and renewal of commercial lines of credit, including evaluation of payment performance and covenant compliance
- Prepare write-ups for Small Business credit requests, as needed
- Prepare industry-specific research as needed from time to time where relevant and appropriate to a credit decision
- Prepare information for management reports including but not limited to:
- Monthly Board of Director’s loan package
- Watch, Classified and Criticized Asset Reports
- Assist with the preparation and updates of Quarterly Special Asset Review (QSAR) reports
- Maintain the QSAR process
- Quarterly Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses
- Various concentration and portfolio management analyses
- Board Loan Committee Lending & Credit Administration Portfolio Data package
- Maintain financial statement tracking, covenant compliance tracking, and documentation deficiency reporting systems within Sageworks
- Maintain oversight of ongoing reviews and renewals of commercial lines of credit within Sageworks
- Compile and gather information needed for loan reviews
- Assist with regulatory examinations, loan reviews, and audits
- Maintain good working knowledge of the Bank’s credit policies and regulatory lending guidelines
- Maintain excellent understanding of legal documentation requirements
- Provide consultative support to the credit documentation and administration staff to ensure credit facilities are properly documented
- Actively participate in community service activities and/or volunteer to promote our mission, generate visibility, and serve our local community.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting
- 5 years of bank credit analyst experience
- Excellent proficiency with computers and office software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal communication and business/technical writing skills
- High degree of initiative
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see and adjust visual focus, to use hands to handle objects and/or tools, to sit, to stand, to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 15 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time