This is an amazing opportunity for an occupational therapist looking for an experienced CHT or an OT looking for a CHT mentor!
Overview of the Role:
The Hand Therapist has the primary responsibility for direct patient care/activities. This position requires a Virginia licensed Occupational Therapist professional who is capable of evaluating patients and delivering appropriate individualized treatment based on the needs of the patient.
Our patient population consists of entirely upper extremity care, including post-operative, fractures, tendon repair, repetitive stress, multi-trauma, occasional wound care and custom splinting/serial casting to the adult and pediatric population. Strong splinting skills and experience in postoperative and post-trauma shoulder, elbow and hand therapy is preferred.
Primary Job Duties:
- Creates treatment plans in accordance with instructions and consent of referring physician
- Evaluates patient treatment programs in coordination with the medical staff
- Provides services that help improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients
- Fabricates custom-made splints, and communicates with physician to ensure the patient receives the correct splint
- Documents evaluative findings, treatments administered, the assessment of patient response to treatment and treatment plan, and other relevant information
- Educates patients in the prevention of injuries, conditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries
- Applicant must be able to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Provides excellent customer service engaging in the use of clear, comprehensive, and frequent communication with patients, family members, or other members of the rehab team
- Assist with maintaining a clean, organized, and welcoming environment for patients at the clinic
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Maintain certifications and/or licenses according to governing regulations
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from a credentialed university
- Currently licensed by the State of Virginia in Occupational Therapy Affiliated Credentialing Board of the Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Certified Hand Therapist preferred
- Splint/orthotic fabrication
- Flexibility to take walk-in appointments
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outgoing and energetic personality
- Ability to work with patients of all ages
- Polished professional with a proven track record of taking ownership
- Demonstrates good verbal and written language skills (including medical terminology)
Full-time (40 hours) Benefits include:
- UNMATCHED Continuing Education Program with internal CEU accrediting courses, certifications (CHT, COMT, etc.), journal clubs, study groups and more.
- Company matching 401K
- Generous PTO, plus holidays
- Affordable PPO benefits
We pride ourselves on delivering personalized and professional care that enhances the quality of life for our patients!
Job Type: PRN, Part-time or Full-Time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time