M-L Holdings Company is an investor and operator in infrastructure-focused equipment and services businesses. Growing from one heavy equipment distribution company to twelve diverse businesses across three industry verticals with a broad geographic footprint including 35+ branch locations in eleven states.
We re currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated Desktop Support Specialist to work on a 3-4 month project upgrading or replacing Windows 7 computers with Window 10 systems. This position is responsible for installing and configuring the workstation computers, including but not limited to hardware, software, printer setup and other peripheral end user equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primarily responsible for upgrading or replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 including reinstallation and configuration of applications, migrating user data and resetting up Outlook profiles as well as supporting PC hardware.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, and checklists for IT Service Desk processes.
- Assist in maintaining asset inventories for all desktop hardware/software across the organization.
- Demonstrates strong communication and customer service skills. Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization. * Model company mission, vision and values.
*** Travel to remote sites is REQUIRED for this project ***
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an enterprise IT service organization.
- Proficient utilizing computers including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems through Windows 10, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, general laptop or desktop computer and mobile devices.
- Experience upgrading and replacing computers with data and settings migration
- Current certification(s) in relevant technology or IT service management such as: CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), ITIL v3 Foundation are a plus.
Selected candidate will be subject to a background check including MVR and a pre-employment drug screen.
ML Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- Desktop Support: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift