The Financial Analyst will be responsible for coordinating core finance processes such as forecasting, budgeting and 5 year planning. These responsibilities include: providing detailed expense reconciliation, preparing month end close journal and forecast entries, conducting analytics from disparate sources, producing multiple financial reports and performing ad hoc research requests.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Merchandise Finance, and interact frequently with the VP of Merchandise Finance and other key members of the buying office leadership team.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting support for forecast and month end close activities to include preparing month end close journal entries and reconciling invoices for multiple departments.
- Participate in the 5 year plan and annual budgeting processes for the buying offices, including creating analytics and building financial models.
- Analyze monthly buying office expense trends against forecast and budget. Prepare reporting packages that summarize mid-month, month/quarter/year-end performance. Understand the details/drivers behind expense lines and explain key variances.
- Maintain expense databases and initiate improvements to ensure accurate records.
- Complete ad hoc analyses and special projects as requested to answer questions regarding buying office financial performance
- Develop and maintain training guides and work step instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Analysis and judgment
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organization
- Technical Skills
- Results Driven
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Integrity & Trust
- Bachelor’s degree required with demonstrated superior college performance (preferably in an analytical field)
- Minimum of 3 years of finance/accounting experience or business-related financial analysis experience
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Strong analytical ability – deal with ambiguity, synthesize complex data, draw business insights and error check and own work
- Creative problem solver that can identify patterns from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive & actionable analyses
- A detail oriented approach – must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects within tight timelines
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities with a focus on delivering results
- Customer service mindset and ability to work with internal “clients” around the company
- Ability to effectively communicate point of view to management and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills, as well as ability to learn software applications (i.e. Hyperion & Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
- Trustworthy with confidential financial information
- Reliability (attendance and timeliness) important to ensure consistency of expense activities for the buying offices.
- Proactively initiates changes to improve work processes
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.