Speech Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow (CFY) - Full Time-18008104
A unique opportunity to work with Amedisys' speech therapy staff and qualify for the ASHA CCCs. This role will be working Sussex and Kent Counties.
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary LocationUnited States-Delaware-Georgetown
What you will do:
Responsible for assessments and treatments of patients with speech and language disorders, including development, mental, and organic involvement according to physician’s orders.
SLP Clinical Fellow is required to work under the direct supervision of a practicing SLP-CCC.
- Provides services in speech pathology or audiology in accordance with the physician’s Plan of Care. Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the agency.
- Assists the physician in assessing the patient’s level of functioning and the development (and revision, as necessary) of the Plan of Care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and language disorders.
- Records and reports the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition to the physician and/or Director or designee.
- Instructs and advises the patient, family and other health team personnel regarding their roles in the speech pathology Plan of Care.
- Recommends hearing tests by audiologist when necessary. Checks hearing aides.
- Assesses the patient’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory and problem solving activities, hearing and speech fluency and quality.
- Cooperates and consults with appropriate staff to provide staff education when requested.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates, the speech pathology needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the patient’s Plan of Care. Assesses the patient’s continual care needs. Includes all problems identified in the assessment in the Plan of Care or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Initiates diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the patient’s care and safety.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the needs of patient or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports changes in the patient’s condition to the physician and/or other appropriate staff as necessary.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding home procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patient’s condition. Utilizes educational material as appropriate.
- Coordinates the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with other appropriate staff. Participates in Team/Case Conferences. Initiates Team/Case Conferences for complex and/or multidisciplinary patients when needed to ensure good coordination of care.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation per agency policy.
Benefits and More
- Master’s degree with a major in speech pathology or audiology.
- Must obtain a Certificate of Clinical Competence (SLP-CCC) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (AHSA) within 1 year of date of hire.
- One (1) year of experience in speech pathology preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees