To provide students with appropriate learning activities in core academy subject areas designed to fulfill their maximum potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills that will prepare them for success in higher education and society.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
· Demonstrated competency in the core subject area assigned.
· Candidates must have a satisfactory outcome of a fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the applicant.
· Special Knowledge/Skills:
· Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
· Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
· Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
· Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
· MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Instructional Planning and Delivery:
· Analyze performance data to provide targeted instruction based on students’ needs.
· Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program, reflect accommodations for learning style differences, and show written evidence of preparation as required
· Present subject matter according to the guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations
· Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
· Work with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students
· Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process
· Plan and monitor the workflow of instructional assistants and volunteers.
· Monitoring Student Progress and Potential:
· Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits
· Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing
· Support the mission of the school district by serving as a positive role model for students
· Classroom Management and Organization:
· Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students
· Manage student behavior by the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Qualities of Effective Teaching:
· Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly to students, parents, and staff.
· Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
· Participate in staff development activities that improve job-related skills and professional growth
· Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and campus policies for classroom teachers, including daily attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality.
· Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other required documents.
· Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required
· Comply with the Texas Educator’s Code of Ethics
· Demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork, and passion for a student-centered environment.
· Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job
· Working Conditions:
· Mental Demands
· Above average degree of concentration, communication (verbal and written), interpretation, understanding verbal instructions, analyzing, differentiating, reading, coordinating, compiling, computing, instructing, emotional control, memorizing, organizational skills, and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,464.00 - $54,708.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person