We are Leap to Success a small growing women's empowerment organization that provides personal growth programs to women who are rebuilding their lives from homelessness, domestic violence, and other challenges.
We are looking for a caring and dedicated Assistant who will work with our Executive Director and provide support to maintain a professional and inspiring atmosphere through all interactions with donors, volunteers, staff, board members, program participants and the public.
You like being the go-to person that everyone can rely on and you want to contribute your talents and skills to make a difference. It's important that what you do has meaning and purpose.
The position is approximately 25 hours a week to start but will grow with the right person.
Your talents include:
- Fabulous writing and proofreading skills for grant writing, marketing, and social media
(to be considered for the position, you’ll demonstrate these skills in the cover letter that accompanies your resume)
- Maintaining records, database entries, developing reports
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Being versatile and adapting well to different settings
- Professional demeanor in person and on the telephone
- Working well independently and on a team with others
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Being up to date with social media platforms and trends, including Facebook and Twitter
- Creative ability to design images for social media posts
You want to help the organization to grow by these activities:
- Writing inspirational articles for our blog, social media, and donor letters
- Engaging with donors and supporters in person, via email and phone and through social media
- Researching for grant opportunities
- Helping develop and implement fundraising campaigns
- Crafting donor letters for mailings
- Supporting our classes and special events with logistics, setup, and cleanup
- Bachelors degree (Communications, Non-profit, Business a plus)
- Minimum of two years experience in an office environment
- Having a cheerful disposition and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel)
- Experience with CRM or database
- Internet proficiency including e-newsletter technology and social media
The position is based in our Carlsbad office but also includes some support at our program locations in Vista and San Diego. Hours are Monday - Thursday 9:30 - 4:00 pm with an occasional evening or weekend special event.
***** If you fit the requirements, send your resume along with a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us why you are a great candidate for this position. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. *****
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour